Hacking I've tried and tried!

schmidty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a newb, I've tried for days now, and I'm really needing some help. I have tried formatting my hdd to wbfs using the program and it goes so quick i don't think it worked even though it says it did. I've tried ntfs and fat 32 formats and they still don't work. Whenever I launch usb loader gx it either keeps saying 'loading' or it won't recognize the drive and eventually goes back to the wii home. I've tried changing the IOS and reinstalling usb loader. I've also tried usb cfg and when I did that my drive wouldn't get recognized either. It's so frustrating because the very first time I launched usb loader gx it asked if I wanted to reformat the drive, I selected 'no' just so that I could save my contents from the drive, i haven't gotten the message since and have been going crazy! Please help somebody...I'm not sure how to get my specs on the screen like I see some people doing. I'm very new at this.

schmidty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update: I'm able to add my games through the wbfs manager..so I guess my drive is formatted correctly..however when i try loading up the usb gx now I'm getting an all black screen.

schmidty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose I should also mention that I have homebrew already, and the gx forwarder. I've tried loading it through the homebrew channel as well and I just keep getting the message 'initializing usb' My wii is 4.3u and I installed the .WAD and used these instructions for the 'IOS236 installer' and 'cIOSX rev20b installer' within the homebrew channel:

(1): Pass the contents of the folder "files" to the root of your SD card.
(2): Disconnect any Memory Card or GCN Controller. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
(3): Insert the SD card on your Wii and run Homebrew Channel (The homebrew must be 1.0.7 or higher). Run "IOS236 Installer/ Uninstaller"; Press 1 to install IOS236 and wait for a message on the screen "Getting IOS36 revision 3351". Now, select the option "Load IOS from SD card". When the installation finish, press any button to return to the HBC.
(4): Load the "cIOS rev20b Installer" app and choose the IOS 236 on the first screen using the D-pad and button A. On the selection of IOS Base, choose the "IOS56 v5661", then "IOS 249", then "WAD Installation" and then, "Wii SD Slot". When the installation finish, press A to continue with the process. Now you'll have to install the IOS 250. Now you´ll have to select again an IOS Base, so select the "IOS38 v4123" and then "IOS 250" (instead of IOS 249). Also, choose again "WAD Installation" and then "Wii SD Slot". When you finish, press the button B to return to the HBC.
(5): NOTE: NOW, IS THE INSTALLATION OF THE CHANNEL. IF YOU JUST WANT TO LOAD IT FROM HBC, YOU CAN SKIP THIS STEP. IF YOU WANT THE CHANNEL, FOLLOW THE NEXT INSTRUCCTIONS. On HBC, run WAD Installer 1.7. Then press A to continue, and select "IOS 249". Select "Disable" for the NAND option, then "Wii SD Slot". Search the folder "wad", then, select the "USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder.wad" and install it. When the installation finish, press B and then HOME to return to the Homebrew Channel.
(6): Now, you can load the USB Loader GX from the Wii Menu or the app on HBC, but your SD card must be inserted to load the channel. Why? Becuase is a Forwarder, that run the application from SD card. I f you want to get ISO's, go to: wiiso.com, to install a videogame, insert the Discand select "install" and that's it.You will need WBFS Manager 3.0 to put the ISO's on your HDD or USB.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why bother and use wbfs? you can use fat32 and ntfs as well, so much easier than wbfs and you can put other files as well on the drive. oh, and you should probably use ModMii. It's a very easy to use software for the pc that will download all needed files and also generates an easy to follow guide for you. trust me, your usb loader will work in a blink of an eye if you do so. modmii will also help setting up your usb drive properly for use with fat32 or ntfs, whichever you like best. Just launch ModMii, type "I Agree" when asked for, and then type "U" and press Enter to go to the usb loader setup. from there just follow the onscreen instructions.

schmidty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UGHGH!!! I messed something up bad!! Now my homebrew channel isn't loading! I'm getting a black screen...What I did was loaded the USB CFG and I changed the 249 to 250 and I can't change it back!

I was using wbfs because none of the others worked, and I read something about not being able to store files larger than 4 gigs on a fat32 and all my iso files are over 4 gigs
frown.gif

I got a new problem though with this homebrew any suggestions?
I'll definitely be trying ModMii but I think I have to fix this issue first now.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for your HDD.... format to FAT32, then use WiiBackupManager. WBM will convert your .iso's to .wbfs's; most .wbfs's will be 4GB it will split into a 4GB .wbfs and put whatever is left in a .wbf1 file. the loaders know what to do with the files... .wbfs files on a FAT32 file system is really what you want. (WBM is available via Modmii.... you'll want to use FAT32_GUI Formatter to format your HDD...also available through Modmii.)

for HBC....it's weird that it won't load. you can try to reinstall it. if i were you, do the modmii wizard now and tell it it's virgin....it will then download the hackmii installer so you can reinstall HBC....and then continue on with the guide--start to finish.

schmidty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did MODMII everything seemed to go well...now I see the USB Loader on my home screen but for some reason it is still not loading. I'm just looking at a CFG screen.

schmidty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was at an NSTF format but I just changed it to WBFS again and it works!! My games show up...2 problems though...no cover art and the gameplay is in black and white

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?