I've been thinking......

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by naughtynazgul, Mar 22, 2010.

Mar 22, 2010
  1. naughtynazgul
    OP

Member naughtynazgul GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I occasionally softmod my friends PS2s, Wiis, PSPs, and whatever. They suggest that I should post an ad for this and actually charge money.

Being currently unemployed, this seems like an intriguing idea.

Problem is, I'm not sure I have the professionalism (or confidence for that matter) to do softmods on a prefessional level with any guarantees.

And i've seen how people who post ads like that are looked down upon as being rather cheap and a ripoff.

I guess what i'm asking is: Do you think I should start a job as a local softmodder?

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    The guy who does all my computer needs spends most of his time smoking pot and watching pirated movies, but he makes a living entirely from computer repair and outfitting. And it works out pretty well too. He's got a big ass TV, a couple of grade-A computers, and more external hard drives than God.

You don't need to be professional at all for these types of "non-businesses" (by that I mean a job that isn't really an official job).

3. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Interesting idea.

My friends have told me at one time that I should do something like that but with repairing people's computers since most of them call me for their computer help. I didn't do it, though. I'm too lazy. You could do that. If you mention the fact that they can get "millions of games for free", people will flock like a shepherd.

4. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
  5. naughtynazgul
    OP

Member naughtynazgul GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Thanks for the replies.

I also do computer stuff as well but I don't think I qualified enough for that.

I do tons of softmods for my friends and I can definitely say I know what i'm doing.

Thing is that if something went wrong and I didn't know what to do, I'd be royally screwed.

Posts merged

@yupyupyup O_O Oh dear....

At least i'm in Canada?