Hacking It´s possible to downgrade in version 10.4?

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>>Registered in Oct 7 2014
>>Registered in Oct 7 2014
OP Registered yesterday just to bitch about and/or get hope to get free games on 10.4

I'm sure he already knew the answer.

upload_2016-1-22_14-0-0.png

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an ARM9 hardware-based kernel exploit that needs an ARM11 kernel exploit to work. memchunkhax2 was an ARM11 kernel exploit.
Ahh, I missed the fact that we needed Arm 11 kernel for that one. What about the firm thing for new3DS? can that one even be patched?

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
just once to install it?
Edit: also, if you were on 9.2, and can flash Nands to sysnand, you could skip the hardmod, right?
To get OTP, you need an ARM9 kernel exploit, and you need to downgrade on 1.0. You also need Cubic Ninja.
And no, the hardmod can't be skipped. Or at least, for now.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get OTP, you need an ARM9 kernel exploit, and you need to downgrade on 1.0. You also need Cubic Ninja.
And no, the hardmod can't be skipped. Or at least, for now.
That's pretty interesting. I have my cubic ninja, though for the time being, I'm fine with emunand. It's nice to know there is still something out there, even if it in't directly beneficial at this point in time. I'm guessing the hardmod is for dumping the OTP

Last edited by froggestspirit,

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm guessing the hardmod is for dumping the OTP
Not really. The hardmod is to come back to the original firmware after downgrading to 1.0 (you can't update your N3DS on 1.0 w/o bricking.)
The most important here is Cubic Ninja. Without Cubic Ninja you can't run your own code, so you can't dump OTP.
And seriously, it won't be useful in any way to the end-user. I think that only developers will make use of this.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. The hardmod is to come back to the original firmware after downgrading to 1.0 (you can't update your N3DS on 1.0 w/o bricking.)
The most important here is Cubic Ninja. Without Cubic Ninja you can't run your own code, so you can't dump OTP.
And seriously, it won't be useful in any way to the end-user. I think that only developers will make use of this.
That makes sense. I know I'm not skilled enough to do this anyways. I'm just surprised that the N3DS can go as low as 1.0 I know the 2DS couldn't go lower than 6.x or something

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That makes sense. I know I'm not skilled enough to do this anyways. I'm just surprised that the N3DS can go as low as 1.0 I know the 2DS couldn't go lower than 6.x or something

Yes, but it was not a real incompatibility: When you start the system for the first time, you've got to turn on the 3D effect. You can do it on n3DS, you can't on 2DS. But if you install system files on a 2DS without having to do the whole configuration thing, it will works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==