TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The widely-spaced flare-ups of Israel's most disastrous fire spreading across the Carmel range since early Thursday raised first suspicions of arson. Friday afternoon, a police ambush backed by an Air Force drone trapped two men who, after looking around and seeing they were alone, lobbed firebombs in several directions. They have not been identified. The officers grabbed them and took them in for questioning.

The fire has meanwhile spread to three new sites - Kiryat Bialik, north of Haifa, Shefaram further inland to the east and Kiryat Tivon southeast of Haifa and the only one of the three locations actually on Mt. Carmel.

Highway 70 from south of Haifa to Galilee was closed to traffic Friday night by new outbreaks near Bat Shlomo and Haifa's Neve Yosef neighborhood.

Earlier, near Kiryat Bialik, police found an abandoned bike and a wig, apparently abandoned by another arsonist who had apparently disguised himself with a wig and planned to ignite the local gas pump and start a fire that would have spread quickly to the factories of heavily-industrialized Haifa Bay.

Spotting the police, he dumped the wig and made off.

The suspicion of a politically-motivated arson conspiracy was further suggested by the damage caused the bronze statue of Alexander Zaid, the founder of the pre-state early 20th century Jewish defense organization, a frequent object of Israeli Arab vandals.

A third attempt to set dense foliage on fire was discovered in near Shefaram. Had it succeeded, a conflagration on the same scale as the Carmel disaster could have swept Western Galilee.

source

I hope they get put away for a very long time!

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Wow thats so fucked up. I hope the person who started to fire gets locked in Jail for a very long time.

that's pretty much the only thing i can think of, but then again... who knows what will happen?

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pitman said:
The fires are still going, its really fucked up.
Thank god I live on the other side of the country.

well, there is allot going on.. allot of land is being lost, and trees. but there is allot going on to help as well, read about it here. are they talking about this on the news at all over there?

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Yep since Thursday the main channels have been following non-stop, but it seems now that it has improved a bit, but they'll at least 2 days until they'll get full control over the fire.

On the first day there were 40 deaths from a single bus that got caught in the flames, it a disturbing story from the one(or 2) survivors.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IchigoSJ said:
Jail no he should be made to work repairing the damage he did until he dies.

normally, I would agree with you, but I think jail would be the best for this case. If they actually made him do anything the bleeding hearts of the world would come out against Israel "again" crying some how, some way that there being bigots, trust me.. some people are that crazy.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sadly enough firebugs(arsonists) are almost always teh cause of massive bushfires(forestfires w/e)

Same happend in Australia on Black Saturday and they are now trying to trying to(succeeded?) in charging them with murder in the 1st degree

I hope Israel follows this because its plain murder

Intresting note: One of the Australian firebugs was a firefighter o.O

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
Sadly enough firebugs(arsonists) are almost always teh cause of massive bushfires(forestfires w/e)

Same happend in Australia on Black Saturday and they are now trying to trying to(succeeded?) in charging them with murder in the 1st degree

thats crazy, a firefighter you say? man, that's insane! I'm not sure if they can get murder charges out of this.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Living Shadow said:
GundamXXX said:

thats crazy, a firefighter you say? man, that's insane! I'm not sure if they can get murder charges out of this.

Like I said theyre trying to, the government is trying to change laws and I for one believe its a good thing these people get treated like murderers

Also offtopic: Ads are so wrong when visiting as a Guest lol
Fire Safety Control? Targeted marketing; theyre doing it foul

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
The Living Shadow said:
GundamXXX said:

Like I said theyre trying to, the government is trying to change laws and I for one believe its a good thing these people get treated like murderers

Also offtopic: Ads are so wrong when visiting as a Guest lol
Fire Safety Control? Targeted marketing; theyre doing it foul

my mom's always talking about moving to Australia "no one ever screws with them, there all alone down there" but from what I read, there are allot of restrictions taking effect, and more to come... though, I do run into whirlpool.net.au allot whenever I go looking for something scene related. xD

I wouldn't know, noscript, and abp I don't see a thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?