Issues with the R4i

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Buchichu, Jun 10, 2009.

Jun 10, 2009

Issues with the R4i by Buchichu at 5:55 PM (1,281 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Buchichu
    OP

Newcomer Buchichu Member

Canada
    Before anyone does the inevitable, PLEASE don't tell me "don't use the R4i, it's a clone and it is evil!!" I already HAVE it, so this advice is not helpful. I found a site that updates the firmware, so technically it is working (for the time being) I just have a couple issues I can't figure out and hope someone has solved them:

1. My saves don't work. I transferred all the .sav files over but they are not being recognised. Nor are new saves.

2. The cheat.dat is not working. I know how to fix the overall R4 cheat issue, that's not the problem, this is specific, it seems, to the R4i. I also tried the usrcheat.dat and that's not working either.

Again, I already have the R4i, and I know from several sources it CAN work if you fix the glitches, so please no advice to just "get a new card"

Thanks in advance.

2. jruschme

Newcomer jruschme Advanced Member

United States
    Which R4i?

3. Buchichu
    OP

Newcomer Buchichu Member

Canada
    This is the "gold" R4i, which is apparently very similar to the Super R4i

4. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    This one? http://raing3.co.cc/random/sku.99999.htm

Seriously though, you would have been better off posting in the R4 forum. That's where people still give a rats ass about R4 products, clone or not.

5. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    no one seems to have an answer for this
    infact, quite a number of r4i users (different clones) also having problem to get the cheats to work
    including me

6. Buchichu
    OP

Newcomer Buchichu Member

Canada
    aw crap, sorry. I didn't see the R4 forum...I'll try over there and hope I don't get crapped on for spamming or something.

thanks anyway, folks.

7. watex5

Member watex5 dvd

Ireland
    oh well I got the same one, the .sav's dont work unless they're in capitals (lol) so its .SAV

8. bach3609

Member bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    I don't think the gold r4i is so good, you should just simply get a red box r4i. Those are way better. The cheats show up for every single cheat and all games work on it.However, you did say you already have so.... have you tried reformatting your micro sd card, or perhaps making the .sav extension capitals?