Hacking Issues with Smash

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
When I tried to install a DLC for Smash things were never the same, the DLC failed and now after removing the game and installing again, no matter how many times I've tried I get: Corrupted data has been detected. Please run a check for corrupt data.

Any way to try to fix this?

Wika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried to remove all the dlc + updates from smash, then running the game on 1.0? I think it'll prompt you to update again from then assuming your saves are on a higher FW.

Alternatively: Settings > Data Management > Manage Software > Smash ultimate > Check for Corrupt Data

Last edited by Wika,

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Try installing a fresh copy of smash then install the the update and dlc using goldleaf. Also what fw and cfw do you use?

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Have you tried to remove all the dlc + updates from smash, then running the game on 1.0? I think it'll prompt you to update again from then assuming your saves are on a higher FW.

Alternatively: Settings > Data Management > Manage Software > Smash ultimate > Check for Corrupt Data

I tried removing the entire game from Manage Software -> Delete Software, and installed 1.0. Didn't work.

It says Corrupted data found, The data can be restored by redownloading which I suppose I shouldn't do.

You're either using ExFat or Atmosphere without patches.

I probably am, but don't know how to do it other way or how to install the patches.

Try installing a fresh copy of smash then install the the update and dlc using goldleaf. Also what fw and cfw do you use?

Current version reads: 8.0.1 (AMS 0.9.1). Using Atmosphere, and I've already tried goldleaf with just smash and it didn't work.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried removing the entire game from Manage Software -> Delete Software, and installed 1.0. Didn't work.

It says Corrupted data found, The data can be restored by redownloading which I suppose I shouldn't do.

I probably am, but don't know how to do it other way or how to install the patches.

Current version reads: 8.0.1 (AMS 0.9.1). Using Atmosphere, and I've already tried goldleaf with just smash and it didn't work.
I recommend the following steps:
  1. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  2. Download the latest Atmosphere from GitHub (currently 0.9.2)
  3. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  4. Download these signature patches
  5. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  6. Put the SD into your Switch
  7. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
  1. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)

Just /sept/ and /atmosphere/?

Here's my SD

upload_2019-8-7_17-43-17.png

edit: Ok did your steps, but still getting Corrupted data found.

Gonna try re-installing.

Last edited by davd,

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
There's a lot on your SD that can probably be deleted, but for the steps I gave you to work, you should only need to delete what I listed.

The re-install right? Because I was still getting the corrupted data message.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The re-install right? Because I was still getting the corrupted data message.
Did you follow these steps?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it's most likely because you're using ExFAT as your format for your sd card. I'd delete Smash, copy everything else to computer, Google GuiFormat and Format your sd card to Fat32, copy everything back, reinstall Smash. You'll have to install games using your type c cable that are over 4 GB, it's not that difficult to learn.

If you've got the Atmosphere patches no game should be corrupt so by process of elimination it's gotta be ExFAT.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it's most likely because you're using ExFAT as your format for your sd card. I'd delete Smash, copy everythig else to computer, Google GuiFormat and Format your sd card to Fat32, copy everything back, reinstall Smash.
While FAT32 is recommended, it's unlikely the source of the problem since everything else works fine.

Yeah every other game works fine. Even Cuphead, Mario Deluxe, Mario Maker 2...
Do the following:
  1. Backup your Smash save file if it's important using Checkpoint (if it works)
  2. Remove Smash
  3. Install just the base game and the latest update
  4. Check that Smash boots
  5. Install your DLC one at a time, checking that it works each time. If you run into a corruption problem, it's probably a bad file.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not seen a game corrupt on Fat32 ever.

But giving the game another try is not a bad idea, if it happens again he'll have to go to Fat32 there's no other option.

It's a short term solution though probably only a matter of time before more games corrupt or maybe his entire sd card. Everyone should be using FAT32. There's no downside only have to learn how to install through usb.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
While FAT32 is recommended, it's unlikely the source of the problem since everything else works fine.

Do the following:
  1. Backup your Smash save file if it's important using Checkpoint (if it works)
  2. Remove Smash
  3. Install just the base game and the latest update
  4. Check that Smash boots
  5. Install your DLC one at a time, checking that it works each time. If you run into a corruption problem, it's probably a bad file.

2. Regular remove from Options -> Delete Software?
3. Do I need the latest update or just base game should do?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. Regular remove from Options -> Delete Software?
For now, that should be fine.

3. Do I need the latest update or just base game should do?
If you've already installed an update, then the game is going to refuse to play without an update. The DLC is also going to require an update. So, as I already said, install the latest update.

davd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
For now, that should be fine.

If you've already installed an update, then the game is going to refuse to play without an update. The DLC is also going to require an update. So, as I already said, install the latest update.

How can I know which is the latest?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey