Homebrew issues with retroarch and performance

spiderman1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, me and my friend jailbreak a older 3ds. The emulators run terrible. Even gameboy color struggles to run. I was told that you need to enable the second processor but I'm not sure where to do that in retroarch or is it some program or setting in the 3ds? Any ideas? Or other suggestions for performance thanks.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, me and my friend jailbreak a older 3ds. The emulators run terrible. Even gameboy color struggles to run. I was told that you need to enable the second processor but I'm not sure where to do that in retroarch or is it some program or setting in the 3ds? Any ideas? Or other suggestions for performance thanks.
Get a n3ds or vita

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, Old 3DS is somewhat limited, after all (and it hasn't any second processor/core, indeed). But, perharps you aren't using the adequate emulators. I recommended this (in case of most popular consoles):

spiderman1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for gba injection can you do more then one rom?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you do gba injections on one or more rom or just one rom at a time.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That sucks thanks though tfocosata. I don't know how to install open_agb_firm because there is no cia file. Any guides out there for it for gba.
open_agb_firm is a .firm payload (like GodMode9). Then you can load it through the Luma chainloader, if you will (putting the open_agb_firm*.firm file onto "/luma/payloads" path on SD card, and then pressing START on boot). You can put your games (.gba format) into a folder (wherever you will and whatever you want name it) on SD card. GBA bios is not necessary at all.

PS: There are certain issues with some savetypes. Then, it's possible that on certain games can't save (correctly) your progress. Perharps in a future it can be solved

Last edited by fmkid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Ah shit, here we go again. I ain't represented Grove Street in five years, but the...