Hacking Issues with microSD cards

TripDyke

OP
Trophies
Website
bichan.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Since I bought my M3Perfect in late February, I've gone through 2 2GB microSD cards with it. The first one (a genuine Japanese Kingston from ozmodchips) was corrupted within a couple of hours of first using it, and the other (a generic that I borrowed from my housemate) died just now. Could it be the cheap USB adapter that I've been using? Have others had problems with their SD cards, or is it perhaps just an M3-centric problem?

Also, I've yet to return the Kingston card to ozmodchips due to a sudden death in my immediate family just after I purchased the products. I've had far too much on my plate recently to be faffing around with my DS until now ._.

hirusho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it could've been the included usb reader for m3 perfect being the culprit. It is recommended not to use the cheap usb reader bundled with flash card. Use usb reader of your own.

But it also might be that you had some bad luck in a row having wrecked 2 microSD cards (very unlikely but you never know)

I would suggest try to get a usb reader of your own (or friend's) and read the microSD cards again and see how it goes.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The include adapter is probably the cheapest they could find and not reliable at all. They can corrupt, incorrectly read or just break very quickly without you doing anything wrong.

Flozem

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your basic usb2.0 run of the mill $10 cardreader of Carat or Hama will do... and don't forget to safe disconnect USB hardware. Just unplugging usbcards will often mess up the filesystem....

KD-JIL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed some microSD cards come with an SD adapter. Which would be the best option?

1) Use the SD adapter that comes with the microSD with the SD reader/writer built into my computer.
2) Buy a standalone microSD reader/writer (I'd prefer not to)
3) Just use the reader/writer that comes with the flash cart.

Thanks in Advance

halomasta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the T-Flash USB 2.0 Card Reader that came with my M3DS Real. I haven't had any problems but should I get another one before something happens? I just got it 3 days ago...maybe its a good batch?

halomasta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the T-Flash USB 2.0 Card Reader that came with my M3DS Real. I haven't had any problems but should I get another one before something happens? I just got it 3 days ago...maybe its a good batch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night