Issues with dios mios

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by clandestine, Oct 29, 2013.

1. clandestine
    OP

clandestine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2013
    United States
    I finally hacked my Wii! My Wii games are playing PERFECTLY off USB using CFG usb loader, wii flow, and usb loader gx. My emulators work great too!

But I'm having trouble with GCN games.... well, so far I only have smash brothers melee backed up.... but I read that it should work!

- I followed all of the steps in this guide (gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-play-your-gamecube-games-from-sd-or-usb-using-dios-mios-lite.318585/)
    - I took the .gcn file, and used Gamecube ISO compressor to convert it. I placed the converted folder in usb:\games. I am using DIOS-MIOS and NOT DIOS-MIOS lite.....

I tried using both dios mios loader and wii flow to play the game. It takes a while for the game to load up, I see a green screen flash briefly, and then finally it loads! But it runs really slow.... the opening cinematics are laggy.... the menus take a while to respond... and then when I go to load a stage to actually play, it hangs!

Also, can usb loader gx play games off of a usb? It asks me to copy the game to an sd card when I try to open it.....

Please help?!

Edit: Just tried with Dios-mios LITE off an SD card, and the game ran fine. Something with my USB? It's FAT 32 with a 32k sector size....

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Banned
    Aug 27, 2011
    Canada
    Minecrapt
    If it works with an sd card then it is a problem with the usb.

3. clandestine
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2013
    United States
    reformatted SD card with easus partition manager and it works great now.

thanks.

4. clandestine
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2013
    United States
    Another question....

Dm seems to be rather buggy.... That is, half of the time the games load fine. The other half the system freezes or shuts down and I have to try again.

Is this normal behavior due to the experimental nature of the software? Or is there something I'm not doing right?

5. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    First: to answer the question about usbloader gx, it sounds like you have an old version, just get the latest beta.
    Second: DiosMios is indeed a work in progress...and probably will be forever because the creator is working on Nintendont now.

Last: i linked the threads so you can ask further questions there.

6. clandestine
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2013
    United States
    thanks a lot pal!