issues with burning games for ESR

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by tan-tan, Jul 29, 2014.

1. tan-tan
    OP

tan-tan GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2011
    Canada
    I'm trying to burn this game for use with ESR but I cannot get it to work. It's listed as working on the ESR compatibility list, and it worked when i tested it in an emulator. I ESR patched the ISO, then burned at 4x with ImgBurn using Verbatim DVD-R When i load the game with ESR, I get to the square enix logo, the racjin logo, then I get a black screen (there should be an intro fmv)
    I tried burning the game again at 8x and somehow skipped the intro FMV (i think, it never played) and got to the title screen. As soon as I chose new game, however, i got a black screen again.
    I burned two other games. One at 4x, which worked, although the FMV sequences stutter. The other was Shadow of the Colossus at 8x, which has ridiculously long loading times and froze during the intro cutscene.
    Anyone know what i'm doing wrong here?

2. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    What version of the ESR patcher are using, and what version of ESR are you using on the console?

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  3. tan-tan
    OP

tan-tan GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2011
    Canada
    patcher version is 0.2.4 (I'm guessing this is outdated?)
    ESR version is beta 9b

4. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
  5. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    If I'm not mistaken aren't you supposed to burn games at a lower speed. I always burn my games at 2x max even though it's supports a much higher speed. I get no stutter or bad copies when playing games I have no issues at all.

6. tan-tan
    OP

tan-tan GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2011
    Canada
  7. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States

I have always had better luck burning stuff as slow as my burner would allow.

Seems like the burns last longer too, music mix CD's I made for myself back in the day I didn't really care too much about so I would just burn them at 24X or what ever was the fastest at the time. Anyway those disks always seem to go dead in a few months at most. (Well Florida sun is pretty brutal too, car storage is not ideal lol)

8. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    I'm not sure then. Maybe try another computer. I have had issues sometimes with that, though now I use OPL instead of ESR, disc free and less hassle.