Issues updating Atmosphere

Req

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Good day everyone, I am new to this and it is possible that this is a question already solved, but I have been searching both in the forum and in other pages and I have not found the solution.

I am trying to update Atmosphere to the new version compatible with Firmware version 13.2.1 (Atmosphere version 1.2.6) and I am not able to do it in any way. I have copied both the pack and the sigpatches to the SD root (first the pack and then the sigpatches). When I run the payload included in the pack, Hekate version has been updated to 5.7.0, but when I try to run the fusee.bin included in the bootloades folder with Tegra I get the following error: "Panic occurred while running Atmosphere, title ID: 010000000000008A, error std :: abort <0xFFE>, mismatched atmosphere files?".
The hekate launch gives me three options: CFW - sysMMC, CFW - emu MMC and Stock - sysMMC (only the one that starts the "normal" switch works for me, the other two give me the same message. And in the payloads menu I still get the same as before: Hekate 5 5 4 bin, fusee.bin and fusee-primary.bin, this last one is the only one that starts the console (it's the one I was booting with before, so I understand that it hasn't been updated).

I use the RCM loader, and I have tried to include both files in it. The fusee.bin file still gives me the same problem, and the Hekate file sends me back to the Hekate menu I was telling you about.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Last edited by Req,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you have a theme. You need to remove themes before upgrading. To get behind this you will need to delete the /atmosphere/contents/010000000000008A directory. I typically move the entire /atmosphere folder to /atmosphere.backup and then unzip a fresh copy in its place. You can copy over the older contents directory folder by folder to make sure each one is compatible with the new version…often times there are breaking changes.

There are a few things to watch out for like this. You might want to look at https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy to make sure you’ve covered everything.

Reactions: impeeza

Req

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've found the same info in that page on deleting the folder 01000000008

Where is located the /atmosphere.backup folder? Or its a folder you have in your local pc in case something goes wrong? What do you mean by "fresh copy"? Does new atmosphere updates include all the required files to work or I should download the whole atmosphere system again?

Thanks for your reply

Req

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Could you maybe check your hekate_ipl config file?
The setting 'fss0' should be using the new fusee.bin file and check that it is in the specified folder.
This is the text on hekate_ipl file:

g]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found the same info in that page on deleting the folder 01000000008

Where is located the /atmosphere.backup folder? Or its a folder you have in your local pc in case something goes wrong? What do you mean by "fresh copy"? Does new atmosphere updates include all the required files to work or I should download the whole atmosphere system again?

Thanks for your reply
You move your current atmosphere to atmosohere.backup on your sd card I’m case something goes wrong or you want to keep a couple of things But don’t want them to interfere with a fresh install.

Now that you no longer have an atmosphere folder (you have atmosphere.backup instead) you can unzip the latest version of atmosphere from GitHub and unzip it in the top level of your sd card.

Now you will have a fresh directory of the latest /atmosphere and a reference copy of your old setup under /atmosphere.backup that you can retrieve things from later, after you get atmosphere working properly from scratch.

Req

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've removed 010000000000008A folder, and after trying to switch it on, the switch screen has turned off and im not able to restart it anymore, It was charged and battery was 100%, how can I restart it now? Im not able to do anything at this moment

Req

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You move your current atmosphere to atmosohere.backup on your sd card I’m case something goes wrong or you want to keep a couple of things But don’t want them to interfere with a fresh install.

Now that you no longer have an atmosphere folder (you have atmosphere.backup instead) you can unzip the latest version of atmosphere from GitHub and unzip it in the top level of your sd card.

Now you will have a fresh directory of the latest /atmosphere and a reference copy of your old setup under /atmosphere.backup that you can retrieve things from later, after you get atmosphere working properly from scratch.
I've removed 010000000000008A folder, and after trying to switch it on, the switch screen has turned off and im not able to restart it anymore, It was charged and battery was 100%, how can I restart it now? Im not able to do anything at this moment

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Has nothing to do with removing a file from an SD Card. Let’s reset the switch by holding down the power button for 15 seconds. This is just a hard restart.

Reactions: Zomorph and impeeza

Req

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Has nothing to do with removing a file from an SD Card. Let’s reset the switch by holding down the power button for 15 seconds. This is just a hard restart.
You were totally right, after my panic atack, just followed your steps, switch got reseted and I could update my atmosphere version.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help on this as I've been trying the whole week to get my issue solved

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
the instructions for this solutions are on the OP of the sigpatches https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/, also on several post you are warned to remove themes before update firmware and backup, and delete contents folder on problems updating the atmosphère or sigpatches.

Glad you solve your problem. after you rename/delete contents folder, you need to install all sysmodules you use and or cheats, also reinstall any theme you use.

• Wow
Reactions: binkinator

Zomorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the instructions for this solutions are on the OP of the sigpatches https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/, also on several post you are warned to remove themes before update firmware and backup, and delete contents folder on problems updating the atmosphère or sigpatches.

Glad you solve your problem. after you rename/delete contents folder, you need to install all sysmodules you use and or cheats, also reinstall any theme you use.

I want to put sys-clk and the Jackbox bypass files that were in the contents folder back. I made a back-up before deleting. Can I just copy the contents folder back into the atmosphere folder now everything has been updated? Or does it need to be renamed or put somewhere else?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to put sys-clk and the Jackbox bypass files that were in the contents folder back. I made a back-up before deleting. Can I just copy the contents folder back into the atmosphere folder now everything has been updated? Or does it need to be renamed or put somewhere else?
Yes you can copy contents over from your backup, but be careful as some might not be compatible so you might need to pull them over in small groups and test by rebooting in between. Biggest issue is typically themes…

Ones to watch carefully (if you have them):

0100000000001000 (theme)
0100000000000811 (fonts)
0100000000000039 (fonts too but shouldn’t cause any issues.)

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Zomorph

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool