Issues Restoring rawnand from Hekate backup

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Emeraldman94, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    I have a 15-file rawnand backup (from .00 to .14) from Hekate. I am trying to do a full NAND restore but hekate is not recognizing it. What do I do?
    - Hekate says "cannot load rawnand.bin", which doesn't exist because the rawnand is broken into 15 files.
    - I tried to join the files but that did not resolve the issue on my switch.
    - I've also been told by different people that I shouldn't join the files and leave them as they are.

Advice on how I can get this to work would much appreciated.

2. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    You need to join your 15 part Nand into rawNand.bin with the scripts available here. Since hekate can only restore an unsplit Nand atm.
    Once it has been combined you need to place it into your backup/<SYSID>/restore/ folder in order to restore it.
    Also you'll need to restore your boot0/1 backup if you're moving to an older/newer firmware with the Nand backup.

3. kamakazi

kamakazi Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2007
    United States
    Emeraldman did you get it working?

4. Vagos

Vagos Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2019
    Greece
    I have a similar question. I had a multifile nand backup which I merged to a single file which sums at 45Gb.
    My hecate restore says the sd card backup doesnt match.
    eMMC's selected part size.

Unfortunately I dont have anymore the multiple files.
    I have boot files and biskeys

Last edited by Vagos, Sep 29, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted