Issues installing oot3dhax from homebrew

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ZShock, Mar 12, 2016.

1. ZShock
    OP

ZShock Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2014
    Argentina
    Hello guys.

I've got a n3ds xl with ReiNand and I'm trying to install oot3dhax on my OOT cartdridge for another o3ds xl which is in original 10.6 (latest) FW.

Now, when I run oot3dhax-installer from HB everything seems to be ok, I got the file written successfully message and whatnot. But when I start the game from the homescreen, all three save files are empty.

Anybody knows what could I be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: don't do drugs, and over all things, don't use Majora's Mask insead of Ocarina of Time.

Last edited by ZShock, Mar 12, 2016
    m37r01d and Ronhero like this.
  2. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    picture of the installer screen when ended pleade.

3. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Assuming when you start the program, it recognizes the game version and says it is hackable? (aka: not using nintendo select version) Was the game originally empty or did you erase save files?

4. ZShock
    OP

ZShock Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2014
    Argentina
    Here's a link to the final screen (the position of the messages is a bit scrambled).
    http://i.imgur.com/SAAzQJ2.png

Hmmm... it doesn't specifically say that it is hackable anywhere. I put a dummy CIA somewhere to try and see what happens when you select an invalid title and it returned "Failed to install /save00.bin".

When I install the save file on an uncleared state, trying to start a new file in the same slot will trigger a Power Down To Reset error, that's why I think that something is indeed being written. Weird.

My OOT isn't select, it's pretty old. It had a single file and the first time I tried I deleted the game data. After that it's been test after test, always clearing data and sometimes tyring without.

5. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Make a new profile then install the hax over it, the problem is likely since there's nothing to have hax installed over with...

6. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    eve if you don't have a savefile you still shouyld be able to use oothax, your solution won't change anything.

7. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    How old is your oothax installer? I dunno if he ever updates it, but you might want to try redownloading the homebrew starter pack because it does get new things added to it. I just got the OOT re-release and I made sure to update the starter pack before I tried OOTHAX and it worked first try. Also, make sure you have boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card... should be the one from the homebrew launcher files of course.

8. ZShock
    OP

ZShock Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2014
    Argentina
    Didn't work, the old profile is still there :/

Hmmm... I was using the one in this repo, it seemed to be the latest updated one.

Now I'm trying the starter's one (sploit_installer-oot3dhax), which has a different icon, and I'm getting a Missing Target Title error :s

9. Pikm

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    nvmd

10. ZShock
    OP

ZShock Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2014
    Argentina
    UPDATE: ok, this is pretty stupid on its own, so in a few hours I'm going to delete this post.

I was using Majora's Mask instead of Ocarina of Time. There, I said it.

gkoelho, saikorican and Filo97 like this.
  11. Pikm

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    :rofl2:

12. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    What a bro! I would've been like. "Oh wow! It worked! Thanks to everyone who helped"! You da real man 4 stating outright that you were being a little stupid. :bow:

Not a joke btw. I'm legit being serious. Nice job.

saikorican and ZShock like this.
  13. ZShock
    OP

ZShock Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2014
    Argentina
    It would have been different if I had spent a dime on the game, luckily I have OOT as well :P

FUCK.

Just Passing By likes this.
  14. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    щ(ºДºщ) , how do you get these mixed up? They have different icons, and title screens!

15. Failrunner

Failrunner Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2016
    United States
    Has anyone tried the selects version? I'm assuming it's patched. Meaning the physical cart mostly. I have the old version. I wanna buy another copy so I can actually play the game. Lol. That has nothing to do with my question btw.

16. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    It's not patched.

Last edited by Just Passing By, Mar 12, 2016
  17. ZShock
    OP

ZShock Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2014
    Argentina
    I saw a Reddit top post yesterday, it's not. If the whole batch is the same, then it's safe to say it's exploitable.

18. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    Can you tell you personally that i successfully installed OOTHAX on the newly released OOT so yeah it works fine. :yaysp:

19. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    <3