Hacking Issues getting games to boot with any USB Loader

conansaga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've started experiencing problem recently with my old version of USB loader GX as certain games will give me black screen after intro (Resident Evil - Umbrella Chr,Call of Duty...) or they will get frozen after 10-20 min of playing (Wario Land :ShakeD,CSI..).
Then I've decided to update to latest version 9.38 and downloaded ver. 9.38.wad from /usbloadergx.koureio.net/.
Before updating I've uninstalled my old USB loader GX wad file and then installed latest 9.38 wad.

Now after update I am sitting with an 2 different much worse issues:

-USB loader GX loads only few games normally such as Zelda,NS Mario Bros,Boom Blox while other games - Battalion Wars,Endlessness Ocean 2,Super Mario Galaxy 2,etc get stuck once I see that white Wii controllers screen and game is supposed to load.
I can actually see animation for loading game on some of the games but screen stays black forever

-Rest of my games after loading give me black screen straight away and I need to restart Wii Super Mario Galaxy,Donkey Kong,Super Mario Kart...

To fix this I've tried installing Configurable USB Loader and few different versions of USB Loader GX but all of them behave exactly the same which made me thinking that it is not the problem within usb loaders.
I've then updated my Ios 249 rev.14 to latest Wainkoko version cIOS249[56]- v20 but everything is still exactly the same, no change.

All of my other HB applications such as HB manager,Wad Manager,BootMii,Preloader are working fine it is only that loading games through USB loader gives me grief.

I've got black Wii with system meny 4.2E,cIOS249[56]- v20,IOS 250,Hermes IOS 222, ios223 v65280 stub.

Does any one has idea what I've done wrong or what is happening to my Wii?

I am thinking maybe restoring my nand backup with BootMii but since BootMii is installed as and IOS I am not sure how risky it is.
Will it be worth trying restore?

Any kind of suggestion or advice is highly appreciated.

conansaga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK.
Since yesterday I've updated manually IOS 249 rev 14 to 249 rev 20 will that IOS also be overwritten in procedure?

Can I use any version of hack (like ModMii you've provided) or I must use same hack I've used originally?

I assume that BootMii restore using nand backup is out of question since BootMii is installed as IOS not as Boot2 ?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak, the guy who developed ModMii, has ALL the files you will need to re-hack, including rev 20, 19, etc.....and any channel, emulator, and bootmii, will automatically tell you how your boot will be, and also making a new nand backup.
Also, his software will automatically generate a guide for you, dependent on your region, system menu, etc....
I use this software for all my friends and familys wii's and works like a charm...
and to answer your question, you can always just re-install rev 20 with modmii.

conansaga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks ddetkowski,
sounds good and I'll definitely give ModMii a go.

Will post feedback once re-hacking is complete.

conansaga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Issue sorted.
I've reformatted my drive into FAT32 restored few games from discs and everything worked as a charm.
Games I've extracted to ISO from old WBFS partition are unusable as they are all corrupted as my old WBFS partition was.

I think I also know what happened.
Since I've uninstalled previous version of USB loader GX and then installed new version (instead of just overwriting old USB loader GX with new version of wad file), same process probably uninstalled not only files from SD card but also all GX loader files from WBFS partition and probably few more files which resulted in corruption of all backup files on WBFS partition.

Just word of advice for all people thinking of upgrading to new version of USB loader GX:

-Use .dol files instead .wad files when possible since .dol files are much safer then .wad files
-If using .wad files do not uninstall previous version of software instead only overwrite old files with new version on usbloader.wad
-Instead using WBFS try to keep your backups on FAT32/NTFS as if something goes wrong with one or more games you can probably use rest of the backups without experiencing total disaster (every single game on WBFS will be unusable) as I did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-