Hacking Issue With Trinket M0

Joseph111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I followed this thread to install a Trinket M0 and it works just fine. https://gbatemp.net/threads/interna...ybitsy-m0-express-guide-files-support.508068/

I keep getting my device isn't recognised on windows after connecting my Switch to the PC. But when I disconnect both the USB cables on the trinkets (traces 2 and 3) via desoldering them then I can connect the cable to the pc and everything works. Does this mean, I wouldn't be able to usb install stuff. I usually use nxmtp you see to connect my switch to the pc, but since those wires are connected I can't and when I remove them, I can use nxmtp to explore my switch content and usb install stuff. Is this normal? Here's what I disconnect to get everything working normally.

Joseph111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think I soldered the wires the wrong way round. I've looked very carefully and made sure of it. I hit the power to enter ofw and power + vol to enter CFW that works just fine. Just can't actually USB install stuff or connect my Switch to PC because all I get is device is not recognised. Or does the trinket need to be turned off for that?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I soldered the wires the wrong way round. I've looked very carefully and made sure of it. I hit the power to enter ofw and power + vol to enter CFW that works just fine. Just can't actually USB install stuff or connect my Switch to PC because all I get is device is not recognised. Or does the trinket need to be turned off for that?

That doesn't have to do with the Trinket, USB install rely on the USB C port, and drivers on your computer.

Joseph111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That doesn't have to do with the Trinket, USB install rely on the USB C port, and drivers on your computer.
Hmm. I know that's the D- and D+ pads and I wonder whether because the trinket is always powered it's interfering with it. When I disconnect it works and when connected it doesn't

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I know that's the D- and D+ pads and I wonder whether because the trinket is always powered it's interfering with it. When I disconnect it works and when connected it doesn't

The chip has nothing to do with game title usb install method, you gotta check the usb driver and the usb c cable, double check with Zadig and Tegrasmash Gui drivers.

Joseph111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The chip has nothing to do with game title usb install method, you gotta check the usb driver and the usb c cable, double check with Zadig and Tegrasmash Gui drivers.

Hmm, I just don't really know then. I can usb install fine with trinket disconnect via D - and D+. Drivers are installed and working all fine. Do you think it could be anything else or you think drivers?

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its windows doing it afaik, USB was working fine on my system till I updated W10 and now its hitting me with errors as well.
This is not the first time this has happened as previous updates also cause this and even same version on different PC works/doesn't work even with fresh OS installs.

So yea IDK either but i never changed anything switch side so I assume its not the issue.

Joseph111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its windows doing it afaik, USB was working fine on my system till I updated W10 and now its hitting me with errors as well.
This is not the first time this has happened as previous updates also cause this and even same version on different PC works/doesn't work even with fresh OS installs.

So yea IDK either but i never changed anything switch side so I assume its not the issue.
I'm using Win 10 too. Are you getting Device is not recognised too?

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Win 10 too. Are you getting Device is not recognised too?

Yep Device not recognize no matter what mode I put it in, based on your post i guess desoldering the chip would fix it but the fact it did work at one point is odd.

Only other thing i can think of is maybe the chipside software messing with it.
Maybe one of the updates to it introduced some bug we are seeing.

Joseph111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep Device not recognize no matter what mode I put it in, based on your post i guess desoldering the chip would fix it but the fact it did work at one point is odd.

Only other thing i can think of is maybe the chipside software messing with it.
Maybe one of the updates to it introduced some bug we are seeing.

My Trinket works always just fine without connecting to PC. I don't know whether it's those two Data pads which are interfering with Windows to throw the error because once I desolder them everything is fine.

alkirah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got the exact same problem, i think the software on the trinket is pulling down the d+ and d- line after it sent payload, making em always read as Zeros

Last edited by alkirah,

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Joseph111 You should post what you did to get it working. This way anyone else that encounters the problem knows what to do or what they are doing wrong.

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he didn't said he got it working. That being said, IF he fixed his, i'd love to know how :)

He did in the UF2 thread

i got my thing working now, cheers btw and what is this? Does it do anything differently, sorry I don't understand all of what you and Matin spoke about.
Based on Mattytrog’s reply he might have been loading the Samd21 update file and not another payload, this would cause the a conflict. However, that is just speculation. You will have to wait for @Joseph111 to reply

Last edited by kylum,

alkirah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He did in the UF2 thread

Based on Mattytrog’s reply he might have been loading the Samd21 update file and not another payload, this would cause the a conflict. However, that is just speculation. You will have to wait for @Joseph111 to reply

Oh thanks, I missed that one. Hopefully @Joseph111 read this and tell us what he did to fix the issue :)

alkirah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I fixed the issue by shortening the d+ and d- wires. I wanted not to cut the metal shield so i had long wires running around the pcb, exiting next to the fan and going to the chip.
Shortening the wires to around 1½" fixed the usb issues.

edwardsalazar97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Good day, for those who still have the problem in usb communications, whether the PC does not recognize the switch, or sale as an unknown device, or the USB installations are very slow, the problem is not in the firmware of the trinket m0, it's in the threads used for the d + and d- pads are too long or too thin, or too thick, use the recommended by @Matty, just shortening the threads solves this problem is no more, thanks to all for the collaboration and attention happy day

Reactions: de9ed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr