Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

As some of you may know, SNES games are released only with US releases to have the 60Hz and so on, only NTSC games are used, even for European releases.

The "issue" is that those games are usually only in English and some of those same games have translations in other languages!
I wanted to play the French version of Zelda ALTTP and decided to inject the Canadian release (for Quebec, I love you guys) that is probably the best version for French speakers: French game AND 60Hz (NTSC release).

I follow the tutorial here: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=45583

I understood everything, did everything right except that I used the Zelda ALTTP official retail CIA instead of the public domain thing.

I just edit the code.bin and replaced it using the tools provided.
I changed the title ID to the official release one because eh, don't care about the official release.

I installed the CIA, everything seems ok (banner, logo, whatever appears to be the official CIA) until I launched it, double black screen, nothing else happens.

I'm a bit disappointed here... Did you guys have that kind of issues when injecting CIA?

Everything seems to be ok from the beginning to the end...

If someone can help me, I would really appreciate it. :)
Thank you. :)

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, I don't know which game you tried to inject but remember, roms that use extra hardware (like fx chip) can't be used in vc, don't know if this applies to your game

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I said it, Zelda A Link To The Past, French-Canadian release it's a 8Mb LoRom, no extra chipset/hardware/whatever.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You used the French release right? So it's running at 50Hz, we can notice a slight difference between both versions, that's why I wanted to do the Canadian version injection. If I can't find a way to succeed with the rom I want to inject, I guess I'll just get your CIA. Thank you, anyway. :)

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Problem solved. Using the original CIA (which is US LoZ ALTTP) does not work. Using the provided CIA in the pack and just put in the icon and banner from Nintendo's CIA works perfectly.

I don't know what does it change, probably the fact that Nintendo original release includes a manual... But hey, it works, that's great. I'll just delete the old CIA and maybe share it on that iso site because French + 60Hz is the best possible combo for French speakers :P

TUK_Pyroman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I already did the french (real french) injection and uploaded th cia where you know, if you need

Hello Asia81, how did you do this? I tryed on 2 PAL french games ("Tintin au tibet" and "Astérix et Obélix"), and when i run the games, it's tell me "For use only on PAL compatible systems"

I used the same tutorial than Ekaitz...

Thanks!

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Send me the snes rom of tintin, I will try if I can.
Just for curiosity, why are you trying to inject french games? Aren't you german?

Reactions: TUK_Pyroman

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1463355745-2.png
1463355746-4.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==