Hacking Issue while installing a CIA

MixerCrusader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While installing a cia in my old 3ds the process goes normal at some point the speed of the instalation reduces to 70 kb/s- 80kb/s when it was going at 1 mb/s I don't know why if somebody can tell me pls

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
While installing a cia in my old 3ds the process goes normal at some point the speed of the instalation reduces to 70 kb/s- 80kb/s when it was going at 1 mb/s I don't know why if somebody can tell me pls
You need to give us a fair bit more information you know in order for us to be able to help you... Does it actually stop after a while and pops an error or it keeps going at a really slow speed? What size SD card are you using and how much space is there in it before installation? Any other issues you are encountering?

If it keeps installing at slow speed without crashing it's most likely either a failing SD card or an SD card with a corrupted/faulty sector, so check it for errors on a computer and post back on what you found. After checking for errors, if it found some, repair them and reformat. If I'm right, that should fix your issues.

MixerCrusader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It keeps going in a really slow speed
I have a 32 GB SanDisk SD card
The cia I am installing is 1.38 GB and I have 2.3 GB available so I have enough space
I've just had issues with installing cias

MixerCrusader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't understand what you said but speed gets slow at different moments I mean it can get slow in 400 megabytes or it can be at 200 megabytes or even at 900 megabytes I don't know why

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I didn't understand what you said but speed gets slow at different moments I mean it can get slow in 400 megabytes or it can be at 200 megabytes or even at 900 megabytes I don't know why
Because it is installing different sized files. The cia is like a zip, it contains loads of different files. When the console installs it, it is copying each file and putting it in the Nintendo 3DS folder. If the files are large, this is quicker, if the files are smaller, it is slower.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Check your SD card for errors just to be safe before anything, just in case it's a failing SD card, since that could die off completely suddenly and you'll lose all your files.

As for what Quantumkitty said, go on a computer and try to copy a folder with 1000+ pictures or small files to your desktop or something, you'll notice the speeds can get painfully slow. Also, if you delete stuff from the Recycle Bin you'll notice it counts the speed as "files per second", that's because more files equal more addresses, thus slower speeds when it has to register/clean hundreds/thousands tiny ones rather than one big, since regardless of file size the address pointers are the same size.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn