Issue when trying to access Nintendo Eshop

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DerekTheWolf, Aug 7, 2017.

1. DerekTheWolf
    OP

DerekTheWolf GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Puerto Rico
    My Nintendo Switch just arrived from getting repaired and I wanted to redownload a couple of games but when I attempt to enter the Nintendo Eshop, I get an error code.

The error code is the following: 2137 - 0180

I checked on their website but there's no results. I even unlinked and relinked my Nintendo Account, but I still have the same issue.

When I download the games without accessing the Eshop, the download finishes, fails and then another error code pops out.

This one says:

Error code: 2137 - 0225 "Unable to download the data because the Nintendo Account used to purchase this product could not be found. Please link to the Nintendo Account, then try to downloading it from the Eshop"

Update: I managed to contact Nintendo and well this is what they told me.

The error code: 2137-0180 even though it doesn't have a description anywhere, this is the description (according to the call.): This Nintendo Account is linked to another active Nintendo Switch. (Even thought the old one was unbootable.)

My console that was replaced had the Eshop active. And the new one was disabled. And they transfered my user data to the new one which is rare to see? Well from what I know.

Sadly because I was curious, I resettled my console to factory settings, which means that I lost my saves, screenshots and etc. Don't worry, the only game I own is FAST RMX, the rest were demos so it was fine by me.

He told me that it might take a maximum of two days to disable the other console, but he also told me that it also might be quick. I will check my console in the evening and report back.

Last edited by DerekTheWolf, Aug 10, 2017 - Reason: Updating the issue.
  2. whostolemywaffle

whostolemywaffle GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2016
    United States
    what v are you on?

3. DerekTheWolf
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Puerto Rico

4. DerekTheWolf
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Puerto Rico
    I was thinking... Would resetting the console back to factory settings fix it?

Edit: Nothing happened. It still doesn't let me access the Eshop.

Last edited by DerekTheWolf, Aug 8, 2017
  5. DerekTheWolf
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Puerto Rico
    Can a moderator close this thread please...

6. Scarlet

Scarlet Phone Charm

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Right
    So what was the issue and/or solution? Leaving it at that helps nobody should they have this issue in future lol

7. DerekTheWolf
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Puerto Rico
    Sorry about that...

Well... I contacted Nintendo directly by email. They told me that I have to call them with my console ready to see if they can figure out what's happening. My guess is that they locked out my Switch from the Eshop for security reasons. I will try to call them soon.

Last edited by DerekTheWolf, Aug 9, 2017
    Scarlet likes this.