djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
triassic911 said:
Well the lens is working more often since it is constantly working when ripping a wii game so yea less life span.

Thats an absolutely retarded answer.

It still only reads the data blocks once so its like completing a game by playing it only once.
Your trying to say that one full read of a disc is harmful to the amount of time a wii can read discs ?
What do you think the lens life of a standard wii might be out of curiousity and what difference would 1 read make to that overall number of disc reads ?

*quick edit for info*
The laser diodes are the lenses in the wii.
The list expected lifetimes for laser diodes is exceeding 100,000 hours - over 12 years of continuous operation.

careful with that 1 disc
tongue.gif

Commadore64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
Why is this in Wii - Hacking again?

Because there isnt a Wii Busted section

The LENS going to die out myth is crazy
Do you actually believe Nintendo would overlook the lens as point of failure?
They said the same thing about Dreamcast - and I still got mine. Actually I bought 5 of them incase the lens did die. 10 years later - still going strong with burnt media

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is one thing to keep in mind about laser diode lifetimes. The time to failure probability distribution is quite wide, meaning that some laser's lifetime will be significantly less than the 5,000 hour mean, and some will be much, much longer than the mean. Lasers are not like light bulbs where they "wear out" and have a predictable lifetime. The main life limiting factors in a laser diode are related to how many crystal defects are present in the device when it is made. If you are lucky to have a diode with very few defects, then your laser may last nearly forever. If you are not so lucky, it may only last a few hours.

Copying games will NOT burn out your wii lens

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
and then say bye bye to your wii lens

1239203604275.jpg

Oh yeah, someone mentioned the Dreamcast. Mine still plays burned medias just fine, a whooping 6 years after I bought it. If anything, using this one time backup 'strain' will ease the laser's lifespan over the years since you'll never have to insert a Wii game again.

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
There is one thing to keep in mind about laser diode lifetimes. The time to failure probability distribution is quite wide, meaning that some laser's lifetime will be significantly less than the 5,000 hour mean, and some will be much, much longer than the mean. Lasers are not like light bulbs where they "wear out" and have a predictable lifetime. The main life limiting factors in a laser diode are related to how many crystal defects are present in the device when it is made. If you are lucky to have a diode with very few defects, then your laser may last nearly forever. If you are not so lucky, it may only last a few hours.

Copying games will NOT burn out your wii lens

Everybody knows that when you play a game it doesn't have to read the disc like when it copies a game. When you play a game it magically reads every 4th bit or so and little gnomes living inside the Wii can figure out what the in-between is supposed to be. That's why sometimes when you play games the load times seem longer, because some gnomes are slower at figuring out the in-between than others. Haven't you ever taken apart your Wii?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
noir said:
Everybody knows that when you play a game it doesn't have to read the disc like when it copies a game. When you play a game it magically reads every 4th bit or so and little gnomes living inside the Wii can figure out what the in-between is supposed to be. That's why sometimes when you play games the load times seem longer, because some gnomes are slower at figuring out the in-between than others. Haven't you ever taken apart your Wii?
I started , but when i got as far as the decombobulator i got a bit scared - and i think a gnome poked a stick at me , so i put it back together again.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know whats funny , this guy is probly tracking all your IPS from these posts , and now looking into to see if your downloading illegal stuff ....... I AM NOT A PIRATE , I haven't done anything that bil gates or steve jobs wouldn't condone when they first started out :-)

SpAM_CAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
micric100 said:
SpAM_CAN said:
Oh dear... Someone else fooled by Usenet...

why do you say this, people seem to love usenet here? i never used it but i'm thinking about it

Also to all the people in this thread that say they work or used to work at ISP's is there any possible way to make the ISP not know what your doing, does spoofing your mac address like some seem to claim really work? should I just use usenet or rapidshare?

Usenet is a bittorrent client. Its uTorrent but you have to pay.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
FireFreek said:
PeerGuardian doesn't do jack. I read something where it's been proven to make things worse.
PG2 does do jack, but it's effectiveness can't be measured and the way it operates is inefficient--and it cannot be highly efficient by the nature of the program. As to "[making] things worse," that doesn't have anything to do with making yourself more anonymous, it's more about making things worse because you're potentially blocking legitimate seeders/leechers and as a result crippling the torrent.

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SpAM_CAN said:
micric100 said:
SpAM_CAN said:

why do you say this, people seem to love usenet here? i never used it but i'm thinking about it

Also to all the people in this thread that say they work or used to work at ISP's is there any possible way to make the ISP not know what your doing, does spoofing your mac address like some seem to claim really work? should I just use usenet or rapidshare?

I lol'd.

Wait, you're serious... Let me laugh even harder...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
triassic911 said:
Well the lens is working more often since it is constantly working when ripping a wii game so yea less life span.

Thats an absolutely retarded answer.

It still only reads the data blocks once so its like completing a game by playing it only once.
Your trying to say that one full read of a disc is harmful to the amount of time a wii can read discs ?
What do you think the lens life of a standard wii might be out of curiousity and what difference would 1 read make to that overall number of disc reads ?

*quick edit for info*
The laser diodes are the lenses in the wii.
The list expected lifetimes for laser diodes is exceeding 100,000 hours - over 12 years of continuous operation.

careful with that 1 disc
tongue.gif
Wow ok maybe that was a retarded answer, but I obviously DO know what I am talking about. I CHOSE to make it simpler for others, and not write terms like "diode" which most people do not understand. What I meant is that using the laser for the wii for anything is using its "life" and obviously dvd lens were made to last a while, but you cannot compare playing a wii game vs. ripping a wii game. Ripping is CONTINUOUS (as in non-stop) usage on the laser (until the rip is done, obviously), while simply playing a wii game isn't. I'm not gonna go into further details because I assume you are a smart enough person to understand this. I never ONCE said the laser will die right away.

P.S. It's "you're" not "your"

Also, whoever is that guy who said usenet is a bittorrent client has to get some education.

joe90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SpAM_CAN said:
micric100 said:
SpAM_CAN said:

wtf are you on about.. I laugh at you.. you have no idea, and thats probably a good thing.. Keep usenet off the noob radar..

please correct yourself, you are giving out 100% duff and rubbish information.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I won't read through the whole thread but I can make a list to make it "safer" for you.

1) Get uTorrent and a blocklist of somesort (I use blocklist manager and ipfilter.dat files)
2) Get a Usenet account at a service that DO NOT log anything.
3) Oneswarm (With Ipfilter.dat again!)
4) VPN tunnels that hides your IP.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
triassic911 said:
Wow ok maybe that was a retarded answer, but I obviously DO know what I am talking about. I CHOSE to make it simpler for others, and not write terms like "diode" which most people do not understand. What I meant is that using the laser for the wii for anything is using its "life" and obviously dvd lens were made to last a while, but you cannot compare playing a wii game vs. ripping a wii game. Ripping is CONTINUOUS (as in non-stop) usage on the laser (until the rip is done, obviously), while simply playing a wii game isn't. I'm not gonna go into further details because I assume you are a smart enough person to understand this. I never ONCE said the laser will die right away.

over 12 years of continuous operation.

Theres enough in that to make anything you try to argue seem redundant and you know it.
Check facts before you come up with silly theories.

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
N00b alert
Thats the stupidest thing i've ever read on the internet lol
biggrin.gif

Usenet downloads from servers, potentially (depending on your usenet provider) maxing almost any residential internet connection.
It takes me about 45 mins to download a 4.5Gb ISO where as it would take about 4 - 8 hours on torrent

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LOL, Spam_Can what kind of drugs are you on? Usenet is a bittorrent client only paid. LOLOLOLOL.
also i wanted to add to the discussion of the laser, DJtaz is right. It is indeed so that when you rip a game th\o the usb that it reads the entire disc, But what do you think the laser does when i end a game like 3 or 4 times when reading from disc, in that case i think it has read the data on the comple disc multiple times. so indeed if you play a game for half an hour to end up being on your shelf, then yes the laser does more work ripping that one game, but when ending a game once or multiple times, ripping to your usb is better.
a great example is warioland shake dimension when ripping, it makes an awful sound for the time that it rips the game.
i ended that game from the start for at least 6 times together with my GF. in that case it would make that awfull sound all the time it was reading from the disc. and it does that a lot. and yes i'm talking about the original version bought in the store.

i mean, i still have my xbox v1.0 with my shitty philips drive that i've used to rip more than 1 tb of data(hd died 2 times, one time when i trew that MF and the dvd drive survived) reading all my disc with divx xvid. let alone the great samsung drive the later xbox's were suplyed with.

Also, to the dutch guy stating that he never got a complaint from any isp. i think that has to do with holland, cos i have a 20mb connection and an eweka acount(before that i had a giganews account had that since years) and i download a lot, lately not that much, it i was taking like at least 60-80 gigs a day a while ago, i couldn't even burn against my download speeds(yes burn maybe but repair and extract before it was automated). and i never ever received one email for downloading illegal files. the only email i ever got was from chello, something about a fair user policy me downloading to much, that was when i upgraded to chello extreme 20 megabit(90 euro back then) then no more problems.

my mom has a different isp than me, het net, and i don't know how long this windows install with this newsleecher has been running(can i see that somewhere?) and the manager says recieved 855,1 GB. also not even one message about something.

even the people that i learned to use it, where using torrents before then, downloading a lot of games and movies, and not one of them ever got a message of anykind.

so HURRAI for HOLLAND

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xtrem3x said:
QUOTE said:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
N00b alert
Thats the stupidest thing i've ever read on the internet lol
biggrin.gif

Usenet downloads from servers, potentially (depending on your usenet provider) maxing almost any residential internet connection.
It takes me about 45 mins to download a 4.5Gb ISO where as it would take about 4 - 8 hours on torrent

I always thought it was kind of an unspoken rule to never speak about usenet, just so the retards don't go around fucking everything up for us. Sure, it's been around for over 20 years, but it's gotten some media attention as of late (timewarner removing their usenet servers because of of those few groups that contain CP). usenet is something that has to be discovered on one's own or through your friends. you go blabbing about it around the internet and it's sure to come under attack sooner or later, just like napster, and scour exchange, and kazaa, and bittorrent and the pirate bay. just shut up about it and enjoy it and hope that the idiots don't find it and ruin it just like the rest of the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    car did came with a crisp packet when I got it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken so your saying Ben Dover was the previous owner?
    to bad the sell by date expired in '03
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol so those crisps where not so crispy
    I never said it had any crisps in it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell some flail you juiced it up pocket 4k
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The next owner was Phil McCrackin.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used condoms included someone off temp would buy it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Don't think they will have them here. Ask Psi.
    I have test driven a MX-3 once that had mushrooms growing on the passenger seat cause the sun
    staring car dealer left the windows open all the time
    both the mushrooms and the car gave me a bad trip kekw
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Almost bought a 08 charger thing looked nice but didn't want to drop 13k
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Sounds like a good deal lol.
    local scrapheap only gives 150 for yank tanks, sorry ken, you got ripped off mate
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or i might not play terraria since i have to go out in a bit
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    like in 4 pm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sticking with the roller until she dies
    no sylver, psilocybin does not grow on car
    seats, they grow in grasslands
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol rubber doesn't always grow things
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I see
    rubbers never work, people always find ways to remove them from handle bars and pushbike
    seats
    I tried sticking them over doorknobs but somehow it's not that satisfying
    maybe a squirt of helium in it and flogging them off to a child might work
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats going on
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just glad I got my ac compressor fixed hitting 90s
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just glad I got my ac compressor fixed hitting 90s