gambit420

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I just had a look in the internet and found a discussion about an iso loader for wii, called WiiZii produced by the matrix team.
If anybody is interested, on maxconsole they posted a pic of the "prototype".
Sounds quite nice if true....

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
mc_mwiizii.jpg

The incredibly savvy Matrix team has exclusively lifted the lid on their upcoming product - the WiiZii! The Matrix WiiZii is a completely solderless plug and play modification which works on ALL Wii versions. Once installed, the WiiZii allows you to do all the things you'd expect from a Wii modification device but brings with it one incredibly special feature - the ability to connect an external HARD DISK DRIVE drive (via SATA) and enjoy super quick loading of ISO and homebrew files on the Wii. But thats not all, this intelligent pice of kit also comes with 2MBit of memory and its firmware can easily be updated in the future. Some might say this is all just to Easy, we mean WiiZii! Click the image below to see a WiiZii prototype installed into the Wii. More details will follow next week!

Guess this is a winner.....

add a external hard drive
tongue.gif
Very good for some people! still allot wont open their wiis....Pussies!

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
so now we have three different solutions
flatmii... get iso from computer
drivekey... use burned dvd
wiizii... directly from a hard drive

his new ribbon chipping is getting more and more interesting.
I am wondering how long it will take until the
flatdrivezii is released.
it could read from the dvd, an iso and a computer ! and it would even contain a button to rip directly your original to the HD... and toping all.. it will have an HD WIFI MODULE that can read a disk while it is laying on the shelf !!!

lol

seriously..
flatmii sounds like a nice solution. but my wife would kill me if I add a comp next to the wii. lol
drivekey.. I am still waiting for a price and expected release date
wiizii.. ditto... and also a clarification.. "Once installed, the WiiZii allows you to do all the things you'd expect from a Wii modification device but brings" would mean that it also allows you to run burned dvd...

futur will answer all these questions.
Cheers,
R

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
OzModChips said:
WiiZii (bit of a gay name...i know) Is real.

Production is begining next week actually.
OzModChips.

ok.. so do you by any chance have more information.
like the final size..
do they plan to provide an esata connector
does it allow you to read an already burned dvd.. or is it only able to deal with iso

and an estimated retail price.

R

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
But I'm wondering how this will actually work. Obviously you'll need a way to select an ISO to load. If this only requires an external hard drive, the selection has to be done on the Wii itself. So that means some kind of software. Which Nintendo can attack with new firmware updates.
In that perspective, I think FlatMii is more futureproof. The ISO selection is done on the computer and it just sends the data. The Wii just recieves this data and loads it as if it is a real DVD, and doesn't know it's being fooled.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
I got the same info MaxConsole got...I just emailed asking for more

No price yet...but considering the price of Matrix Infinity, ps2 mod...still so very very expensive....im guessing it will be pretty expensive

maglat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
But I'm wondering how this will actually work. Obviously you'll need a way to select an ISO to load. If this only requires an external hard drive, the selection has to be done on the Wii itself. So that means some kind of software. Which Nintendo can attack with new firmware updates.
In that perspective, I think FlatMii is more futureproof. The ISO selection is done on the computer and it just sends the data. The Wii just recieves this data and loads it as if it is a real DVD, and doesn't know it's being fooled.

But on this mod you dont need a f*cking computer running.
Maybe someone will develop an new wii case where we can build in the hdd
grog.gif

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
So Ozmod, are you going to have pictures of these in a random pile on your shop floor for pictures so we can not order one from you?! I would just find it hard believe that someone would buy a chip from you when it is evident that you don't even keep them a little more organized...

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Finally, a product that makes it worth to void warranty and open wii
any mod is worth voding the shitty warranty, the warranty.....pahhh i mean come on how cheap is the wii anyway.....you can pick up a brand new one on offer usually £149 now in the UK to the always £179.99
Why do people always say it's fake or doubt it? same wth flatmii.....
If i weren't chipped I'd certainly go for it..i mean theirs only so many games worth playing anyway, to be honest i wouldn't want to waste a HDD
tongue.gif

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
IronMask said:
So Ozmod, are you going to have pictures of these in a random pile on your shop floor for pictures so we can not order one from you?! I would just find it hard believe that someone would buy a chip from you when it is evident that you don't even keep them a little more organized...

What the fuck is with GBAtemp these days

Its not even a forum anymore
its a cesspit of fucking wanker trolls.
Admins of the website need to wake up and just start banning people that make pointles posts

For your information, a bunch of plebs from this website, refused to believe flatmii was real. I said I would post of picture of them. I took a picture with my mobile phoen camerea about 30 seconds after flatmii was delivered. This is how they where packed.

We have employees, that put all the components together and package them up - http://www.ozmodchipsfaq.com/ozmodfiles/pi...ii/DSC00201.JPG

Is it took much to ask to not be such a useless asshole for a while?

Jesus

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im kinda with Ironmask - when the pictures of Flatmii were shown by Ozmodcips, there was a huge pile of them just abondoned on the floor. Not the greatest way to keep things working.

tongue.gif
Just my 2 cents.

rican199

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it says this will have an sata connection to an external HDD......does this mean for us out there with USB External HDD's would have to purchase an esata to usb adapter??
unsure.gif

thawkins1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OzModChips said:
IronMask said:

Admins of the website need to wake up and just start banning people that make pointles posts

For your information, a bunch of plebs from this website, refused to believe flatmii was real. I said I would post of picture of them. I took a picture with my mobile phoen camerea about 30 seconds after flatmii was delivered. This is how they where packed.

We have employees, that put all the components together and package them up - http://www.ozmodchipsfaq.com/ozmodfiles/pi...ii/DSC00201.JPG

Jesus

Told! lol
Thanks for the pic.

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
I'm sure if someones got a new batch they would be in a "box" nicely wrapped and secure.....not slopped all over the floor or in a box in a pile, but if your'e in a rush why not
tongue.gif
Why are you so sure of this? Haven't you heard of cheap Chinese labor?
I've worked at UPS and I have seen boxes get ripped open and the contents spilled out. You'd be surprised how some things are packaged.

Also, that could explain any defective units that people sometimes receive.

PS. tehskeen has a photo of the prototype on their main page.

Personally, if this can load homebrew I'd be all for it. Games and homebrew all on a HDD? It'd be the Xbox all over again. The only limits on the Wii currently is storage.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OzModChips said:
IronMask said:

Jesus

Couldn't have said it better myself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: