Gaming Iso file. Do i keep it after game is installed?

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys. so the title says it all. i dled a game, extracted the iso and installed the game. now my question is, do i have to keep the iso or can i delete it? does it depend if i have a no-cd crack or not?

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the game requires a CD I'd suggest you just burn the ISO to the CD to avoid wasting disk space. If not, and if you're sure you don't want to keep a backup of the game since it installed successfully, then you can delete it. But if ever something goes wrong you'll have to redownload the ISO. I usually keep all my pirated stuff on a separate 60GB hard drive, or burn them to a disc.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
Well, if it's a dual layer DVD, yeah, I don't see why not.
But clearly it wouldn't work if you were burning on an ordinary DVD-R though, as that's as much as you can fit on a disc.
Hmm, damn. I have plenty of ISOs that go over 4.37GB, and I don't have any DL discs, and I certainly wouldn't want to burn them and leave so much space unused.

*puts ISOs into 100MB split archives* It's the only way. D:

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WEll on some brands of DVD you can "overburn" with certain software up to like 4.5gb but its not recommended as it can damage your CD or disk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night