Hacking .iso extraction problem

DM357

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You sure the torrent you downloaded it was one that actually worked?

Because i had the same issue with Resident evil 4.

111mo111

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
whats up with u hdd. Are u working with FAT32. This can not work with files over 4 gb. U have do convert one partition in ntfs and extract the iso file in this partition. And u need space.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think at this stage the problem is with the torrent - i know its a pain , but thats looks to be the problem - try downloading another one , of a different version.
sorry buddy

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like piracy really isn't for you XxOblivion77. Just sell your computer to a pawn shop and buy some Wii games with the proceeds. Since you're not gonna do that I'd suggest only downloading scene releases in the future and avoiding repacks especially from public trackers.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In the homebrew channel in the zip i have you have a program called Wii Dumper - try running that with a game in the wii - then go to your PC and type in the address it gives you.

From there you can download your game to an ISO file and burn that - it will test your wii and confirm that it works - takes about 3 hours or so

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
samagon said:
It seems like piracy really isn't for you XxOblivion77. Just sell your computer to a pawn shop and buy some Wii games with the proceeds. Since you're not gonna do that I'd suggest only downloading scene releases in the future and avoiding repacks especially from public trackers.
I'd guess it is a scene release if it comes with sfv file (I'm pretty sure it had the filename in it before and it definitely was a scene release - or I could've just smoked too much weed...).

Redownloading again will be futile if it is passing the sfv.

If it definitely is checking out fine with the sfv file, and winrar tests it fine too (ALT-T in winrar, or right select and choose "Test") then I guess it is a FAT issue - is your HD NTFS or FAT? if fat you will need an NTFS partition for DVD ISOs.

XxOblivion77

OP
Trophies
Website
www.vgdistrict.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's NTFS. I'll try testing in WinRAR later. I figured it out with the DS flashcarts and installing the VC games with WADManager easy enough, but eh, IDK. I'll keep trying until I get it to work though.

Alright, I'm testing it now. If you guys can't think of anything else, I don't know what to do. I might hypercam my screen and show you guys, I'm probably doing something stupid that no one else does.

It was tested fine. No errors. I thought maybe I'm missing a file, but the size of the torrent was 4.31GBs. When I selected the files in WinRAR, total size was 4,632,429,639 bytes which I believe translates to 4.62GBs. So I'm not really sure. The games is Wii Music(NTSC-U) btw. >_>

DM357

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A gb isn't 1,000,000,000 bytes. It's 1,073,741,824.

Which seems to be right.

Only takes 1 bad egg to ruin an omelette.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
do you have enough hard drive space free on the partition you are trying to extract to? have you tried the latest version of winrar.

XxOblivion77

OP
Trophies
Website
www.vgdistrict.com
XP
Country
Canada
WOO HOOO!!!!

I got it to work! After it finished extracting it, I thought it just made another archive, but WinRAR said it was an RAR file. It was actually the proper iso this whole time. So I burned it on my disc with no problems. I'm now playing Wii Music and Need For Speed: Pro Street. Thanks very much everybody! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...