Hacking is wii key u canceled?

dragonmaster

Ancient One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well i am with a wii u with the exploit in browser still with no update and several games, recently i am considering buying a game that will need of me to update my wii u and i am thinking if wii key u is canceled or not existing anymore as i would like to have a backup options,(my wii u is first day bought white one 8gb) so i paid enough to support nintendo but i like any possibilty of homebrew or isos as my income is low nowadays and prices are sky high. prior calling me a pirate i must say that i used to have a massive game collection when my job was offering me a good income but now i am unable to support my gaming habit :(

Reactions: Margen67

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't heard anything about Wii key U in forever but a small group here is working on another exploit. They said you can update via smash bros disc but do not update anything higher

Official thread where you can talk to devs

Au contraire, Wii U hackers confirmed 5.3.2 to be completely safe. MarioNumber1 and NWPlayer123 verified that the most recent firmware doesn't patch anything.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Au contraire, Wii U hackers confirmed 5.3.2 to be completely safe. MarioNumber1 and NWPlayer123 verified that the most recent firmware doesn't patch anything.

That's good to know. I havn't been keeping up with the updates

is it worth updating? I'm assuming no unless I want amiibo support

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's good to know. I havn't been keeping up with the updates

is it worth updating? I'm assuming no unless I want amiibo support

That and if you want DLC for Mario Kart 8 or Hyrule Warriors, then no, there's no real advantage, but you won't be screwed either. I haven't updated yet, but you might wan to ask around for sure, but as far as bugs go, nothing vital's been patched. You can still access the web browser and YouTube, oddly enough.

Reactions: Adeka

ddrrmm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some rumors that they are actually advancing with their ode.

The project mentioned here by other guys will not offer you what you're looking for (backup loading)
I think you're gonna want to keep an eye out/hope for the best for any of the ODE projects.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
I ll give them 2 more months. not more. I really expected for it to show up, up till now.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're right, because nobody's bothered to make a new Webkit exploit so they're stuck buying testers (yes it's finished) old U's so they can actually run code.
the method they were going to use was to just plug it into the slot where the cd drive is if i remember. it wouldn't be hard for nintendo to patch that in an update maybe make it so if the wiiu doesn't detect the original drive it wouldn't boot up or something.

lonesome_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had hopes for the Wiikey U, but it looks like it might be a preorders and run type thing. I hope it will come out eventually, I mean a modchip is just a disk drive emulator, shouldn't be too hard to make
Why would it be a preorder and run thing? You aren't charged for preorders until the item ships. Since nothing has shipped nobody should be charged.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some trading companies charged for the preorder
Yep, Modchipcentral charged and then is charging a 25% restocking fee if you want to cancel according a a member in the other Wiikey u thread. A restocking fee for a product that doesn't exist. Lol.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Something is going on; we've seen brand-new release group RETRiBUTiON dump a bunch of Wii U games, and now well-known-3DS group (noone heard of them before that) BigBlueBox has entered the Wii U scene:
2015-02-17 One.Piece.Unlimited.World.Red.EUR.WiiU-BigBlueBox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1