Not open for further replies.

Matias3DSHbw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
They offered me a trade which seems good, they want to give me a Switch with original charger, joycon adapter and Super Mario Party, they told me the problem with the Switch is that one day a message error appeared asking to be reset and never turned back on, no joycons or dock included, in exchange I give them a O3DS XL, with 4gb sd card, working with few scratches on the shell with charger and Pokemon Moon.

I have another New 3DS so there's no problem in giving this one and I also have another Switch complete with Dock and everything, is the trade worth it? Or should I stick with the working O3DS XL.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
unless your familiar with repairing switches I would say sell your 3DS and put it towards a switch, it might have a dead charging/power control IC which is a pretty tough job to replace unless you already have all the gear for replacing small IC's and are confident doing so, I have seen working tablets for £100, if you find the right buyer you could probably get near that for the working 3DS and not have to deal with a potentially unfixable console, if they let you have a little test of the switch before you agree to the deal and just see if recovery mode boots or another charger, but im guessing they have probably tried all the easy fixes

PS, there are lots of dead switches with power IC broken, its a common fault and not something the average user would be able to fix, might also be worth seeing if its booting into RCM mode, if someone setup autoRCM and didn't know what it was for

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Matias3DSHbw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You might be right, they told me it wouldn't power on one day while it was being used, they tried some of the methods (they don't seem like people who know a lot) but they said they took it to repair and they told them that none of the components had any issues that it was a software issue, it wasn't modded, the fact is if it's a software issue i wonder why they didn't repair the software issue while it was sent for repairs, i know i'm not losing money due to the Super Mario Party which is very expensive here in Argentina and the switch tablet + the og charger tend to be expensive, i probably would make more money than with the 3DS XL due to the shell not being in great conditions.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

unless your familiar with repairing switches I would say sell your 3DS and put it towards a switch, it might have a dead charging/power control IC which is a pretty tough job to replace unless you already have all the gear for replacing small IC's and are confident doing so, I have seen working tablets for £100, if you find the right buyer you could probably get near that for the working 3DS and not have to deal with a potentially unfixable console, if they let you have a little test of the switch before you agree to the deal and just see if recovery mode boots or another charger, but im guessing they have probably tried all the easy fixes

PS, there are lots of dead switches with power IC broken, its a common fault and not something the average user would be able to fix, might also be worth seeing if its booting into RCM mode, if someone setup autoRCM and didn't know what it was for
I do know how to swap components and have done many times, that would tell me if it's a power ic issue, but i don't have that much experience replacing small ic's.

So i'm guessing the best option would be to just not do the trade.

I could swap batteries with my other switch.

Matias3DSHbw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'd say take the deal and toy around with it. May be able to boot into recovery mode as well?
They weren't able to make it boot, but maybe using every single method i just might, it doesn't have according to the people that checked it any issues, they said it was a software issue, by swapping the batteries with my other switch i might be able to see if it boots and it's just a battery or power ic issue, it's difficult to choose.

Reactions: Kioku

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No deal.

They tried everything they could to revive it and they couldn't and I personally doubt you can do anything. If it could be fixed they would never trade it for a 3DS but for them it is just junk that they are trying to get rid of. My advice to you don't waste your time trading. If you insist of buying just offer them $50 and see what they say.

Reactions: Matias3DSHbw

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No deal.

They tried everything they could to revive it and they couldn't and I personally doubt you can do anything. If it could be fixed they would never trade it for a 3DS but for them it is just junk that they are trying to get rid of. My advice to you don't waste your time trading. If you insist of buying just offer them $50 and see what they say.

Good idea, like you said it's probably over or not easy/worth the time and struggle to try to fix it
But I doubt he will say yes for 50$ because even if the switch was free, the dock/charger/joycons + super mario party are worth more than 50$ but yeah if he accept it would be a great deal

Matias3DSHbw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No deal.

Yeah it seems like a big risk and even if i win money reselling everything i'll probably be missing my 3ds a lot and with how things are here in Argentina i don't know how long it'll take till i get another one back.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They weren't able to make it boot, but maybe using every single method i just might, it doesn't have according to the people that checked it any issues, they said it was a software issue, by swapping the batteries with my other switch i might be able to see if it boots and it's just a battery or power ic issue, it's difficult to choose.
I can see it being a difficult choice. Personally, I'd get rid of the extra 3DS. If the Switch does work, there's good money in selling it if you didn't want to keep it. There's also a bit of extra cash for parts.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Matias3DSHbw
Your 3DS is more valuable than that switch if you modded it and sell it because you can make a good $80 from that. The switch on the other hand you will not make that much locally because it is broken also selling it on ebay you will probally break even with maybe $100. It doesn't seem worth it.

@Kanakops
Selling the switch as is the most he would get is $100 anyway. I sold a broken switch tablet on ebay for like $100 it had like a joycon rail issue I don't remember it could never get off the slide joycon setup when you try to set it up for the first time. After the ebay fees I only walked away with like $70. The good news about that deal I actually had the dock and one of the joycons that I sold separately and I ended up getting my money back I was actually scammed on offerup because I never tested the joycons since the seller was only selling one of the joycons. I started to test it but I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: Kanakops

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I only buy or trade for consoles that I'm pretty sure can be fixed. Even then it's still a gamble. For example, just last night I bought a broken Xbox 360 E from a local seller for $10. The only issue was that it had a failed update, and I had it fixed within 10 minutes. :)

Reactions: MUDD_BR

shadow_chi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it
They offered me a trade which seems good, they want to give me a Switch with original charger, joycon adapter and Super Mario Party, they told me the problem with the Switch is that one day a message error appeared asking to be reset and never turned back on, no joycons or dock included, in exchange I give them a O3DS XL, with 4gb sd card, working with few scratches on the shell with charger and Pokemon Moon.

I have another New 3DS so there's no problem in giving this one and I also have another Switch complete with Dock and everything, is the trade worth it? Or should I stick with the working O3DS XL.
it seems like a fine trade ngl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1