1. Peche

OP Peche Member
    Newcomer

United States
    upload_2020-2-25_7-52-46.png
    Hello hello! I'm basically one of the few nerdlings who has too much time on her hands and a ton of gaming she's been doing for the last few ages. Wanted to actually learn a little bit about how the coding in these things work so I can help out gamers as much as you guys have helped me.

I'm currently obsessing over: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Story of Seasons.

About me:
    I'm 33 this year. (May 30th)
    I live in the USA, Eastern side but that's about as close as I can get.
    Biologically and comfortably female.
    Currently in a very loving relationship and happy with my significant other.
    Currently in a very hateful relationship and about to rip my hair out with my gaming.
    I work at the moment as livein-care for my grandmother until her hip is mended, though both grandparents are currently disabled.
    I am the cat mom to 4 different cats, 3 black, 1 gray striped tabby, and a dog aunt to two full blooded chihuahuas. (Though I am positive one is half teacup)
    I draw otherwise for a living, and I can provide information to those sites upon request!

I was born and raised in a Spanish (Not Mexico, they get pissy even though I really loved visiting the country when I went) based Latino home, so I do understand a little bit of it as a side note. Not enough to be considered fluent, though. It was skipped over about... One? Two generations? But my grandfather loves to speak it at me.

Last edited by Peche, Feb 25, 2020
  2. JuanMena

JuanMena GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Like... does anybody ever read the rules here?

3. Peche

OP Peche Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Uh. Sorry? Just did the same kinda thing I'd seen others do? How about explaining or showing me where the rules are? That would be slightly more helpful than passive aggression :)
    I looked in the forum section and saw no rules or that I had broken any by talking about myself via introduction. Am I not allowed to say more than 'HI BYE'?

jeannotte, Memoir and alexander1970 like this.
  4. JuanMena
    This message by JuanMena has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Feb 26, 2020, Reason: Bro... you just posted cringe.
    Feb 25, 2020 Show
  5. Peche
    This message by Peche has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Feb 26, 2020, Reason: -reply to trashed post-.
    Feb 25, 2020 Show
  6. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You know the answer to that. :)

jeannotte likes this.
  7. JuanMena

JuanMena GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Uhhh... 42?

8. Peche

OP Peche Member
    Newcomer

United States
    upload_2020-2-25_8-31-46.png
    Huh, look what I found.

I'm used to forums having their rules for specific forum instances in a thread of their own as opposed to a coverall side page located at the very bottom of the site. Not exactly what I would expect from a forum based website but hey, it works.

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  9. JuanMena

JuanMena GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Oh hey! Congratulations! You found the rules! :toot:

MrMcTiller likes this.
  10. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

United States
    Don't mind them, not sure what their issue is.
    Welcome to GBAtemp.

11. Peche

OP Peche Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah thank you! It's nice to see a little friendliness after all. haha
    Considering I just posted in another thread and folks are taking potshots at my age.

The hell is wrong with being an older gamer????

Last edited by Peche, Feb 25, 2020
  12. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    Nothing is wrong with being an "older" gamer. Have a look at the username of the nice guy that already gave you some likes in this thread.

Don't get the wrong impression. There are a lot of friendly and intelligent people here.

Have fun!

13. Peche

OP Peche Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm glad there's still some community around good lord. We're allowed to game but folks gotta be rude I suppose. Oof. Maybe it's too early in the morning for them and they didn't get breakfast, or are at school chewing on their pencil case I unno.

ANYWAY Thank you for the greeting! I'm just trying to be a little social, find some gamer buddies for when the new games drop all that stuff.

14. CactusMan

CactusMan Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I´m obsesed with Story of Seasons too, so I´m gonne play Rune Factory 4. They just make us wait two days longer compared to the U.S.A, but that´s fine with me.

I don´t think you even broke the rules you only wrote about your abaility to speak Spanish. I speak Dutch. As long as you write it in English it is completle fine with the forum rules, oh well.

15. Peche

OP Peche Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah it's -- weird but you know, folks gotta get their underoos all twisted.

AHHH FELLOW SOS FAN. I'm replaying the old game and I'm STRUGGLING trying to get it to work just right. I heard something about one for the switch and I'm SOLD for it.

16. MajinCubyan

MajinCubyan The Funky Super Saiyan

United States
    Ayyyy, welcome to the Temp.

17. CactusMan

CactusMan Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/doraemon-story-of-seasons-switch/
    This one, doraemon Story of Seasons, is avaleble now even with a free Demo, I have not tryed it yet. Seems like a crazy crossover to me. It could be great tough. There is also a remake of friends of minaral town that will be releaed somewhere this year. Can´t complain being A SOS fan at this moment in time. SOS fans for the win.

jeannotte likes this.
  18. Peche

OP Peche Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ayyy fellow DBZ FAN! Love the show. I need to pick up my fusions game and play again.

Not gonna lie, I saw that on ziperto and I was just floored like... This is such a step DOWN to me. I knew they were hardpressed for cash SOS wise since Natsume dumped them after Trio of Towns, but this just doesn't look like a Story of Seasons game at all. I hope it's better than what it looks story wise. I'll still get it of course but ugh.

Mineral town is where I'm holding out for the most for now.

CactusMan and MajinCubyan like this.
  19. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Hello

WELCOME to GBATEMP website:yayu:

Nice photo, if it was you who drew it ??:yay::nds:

20. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    Hello and welcome. Sorry for your welcome here. Anyway, I see everything seems fine now.

MajinCubyan and jeannotte like this.
  21. MajinCubyan

MajinCubyan The Funky Super Saiyan

United States
    Nice, I really enjoyed fusions. My gf has that one story of seasons game, she likes it but said it doesn't have the same kinda charm as the mainline ones. She's dying waiting for New Horizons(me too) but I got her Rune Factory 4 so that should keep her going til the 20th lol.

I can't wait for Mineral Town.

alexander1970 and jeannotte like this.
  22. Peche

OP Peche Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have both of them. Trio of Towns really did fall back into the old ways, but the new "minecraftian" harvest moons really just made me sad. I love all the new games but worry about the new Doraemon one. And UUUUGH I'm even selling ACNH based artwork I'm SO HYPED for it!!

I am! I paid for the icon I'm using right now, but I did draw the little post image! Thank you again for the warm welcome!

Yes! It was taken care of which was nice. I'm glad to see that certain coding system for blocking and removal work across platform for forum sites ahh. Makes life so much easier.

alexander1970 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - thing,