Is This Possible?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by godreborn, Dec 28, 2016.

1. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    is it possible to plug in a second wii u hdd? what I'm wanting to do is transfer all of the games/saves from one hdd to another.

2. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    You can have two HDDs connected at the same time for the purpose of moving data between them. (In fact, the Wii U will *only* let you do that if you have two HDDs connected.)

godreborn likes this.
  3. godreborn
    OP

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    thanks. can u clone the entire hdd instead of moving one game at a time? also, will this affect redNAND if I'm using another hdd afterwards?

4. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    I don't think there's an option to move everything all at once. Not sure how RedNAND affects anything here, either.

godreborn likes this.
  5. kbmarinha

kbmarinha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2009
    Brazil
    you can select more than one game to move to another hdd. there is an option to chose what you want to move, you can select all... and it will not affect the rednand, just do it in rednand .

godreborn likes this.
  6. godreborn
    OP

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I'm trying to find a way to give my hdd a toggle switch. I have a usb selector for my wii u/wii, but I don't remember where I bought it.