Hacking Is this possible?

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I currently have an N3DS XL on 9.2 running Gateway. I would like to use it as a normal console, eg. go online, get updates etc. Is there anyway I can do that whilst still retaining my piracy (don't bitch) or would I need to revert back to stock to play a 'normal' console. Thanks guys

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Your console itself will not get banned, you can go online fine.

Your roms will need a private header to go online, however.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What does that have to do with the question?

We shouldn't force A9LH down people's throats at every opportunity. OP just wants to play online.

Thank you. I've always used Gateway so don't know anything else. I willing to learn however, to give me the best possible experience.

install as cia

Thanks, I will have a read up.

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
What does that have to do with the question?

We shouldn't force A9LH down people's throats at every opportunity. OP just wants to play online.
did i force it down his throat? i said "you can", i made him aware that there is that possabilty. It has every thing to do with the question, since it does answer it. if he chooses not to install it, fine by me.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
did i force it down his throat? i said "you can", i made him aware that there is that possabilty. It has every thing to do with the question, since it does answer it. if he chooses not to install it, fine by me.
Sorry, it was more of a general statement rather than simply aimed at you. The answer to every question asked on the forum right now seems to be 'install A9LH'. This is obviously a good idea, but often doesn't really have much to do with the question being asked.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What are the added benefits of A9LH compared to stock?
The exploit runs at boot-time as soon as you press the power button, before the system software has even loaded. No need for menuhax, MSET or other system menu-based exploit.

Also no need for emuNAND anymore, you can keep your sysNAND on the latest firmware version.

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Sorry, it was more of a general statement rather than simply aimed at you. The answer to every question asked on the forum right now seems to be 'install A9LH'. This is obviously a good idea, but often doesn't really have much to do with the question being asked.
Mostly because in most cases, it does answer the question in someway. I'm not a masterrace kind of guy and if someone chooses not to use it, so be it. In my opinion this it the best option, so i will suggest it when its relevant.
I understand the frustration, but (as i guess you know) A9LH has so many benefits, its hard not to recommend it.

What are the added benefits of A9LH compared to stock?
As @sj33 said, it runs before anything else, so you have the option to run all sorts of thing before the boot. Nand backup and restore is a good example for that. Because of that you dont need emunand anymore, since theres no reason for it. another thing is, once you install it your CFW (if you follow the guide, luma3ds) has write protection on your hax, so you can do system update without worrying that you wont have CFW anymore.
One thing that is important, dont install gateway's a9lh! They have all sorts of limitation with it, and you don't have to protection.

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So. From what I am reading. Don't go back to stock. Even though I have the cartridge of all my games it is anyway. I don't use any special features as it is. I just use my CIA's and that's it. I would just like to go online.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So. From what I am reading. Don't go back to stock. Even though I have the cartridge of all my games it is anyway. I don't use any special features as it is. I just use my CIA's and that's it. I would just like to go online.
You don't need to go back to stock. You can go online perfectly fine as it is. Your real cartridges will work online as-is. No need to do anything.

if you use roms in .cia format, these will go online as-is. If you use roms in .3ds format, you just need to patch it with a private header.

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have an Emunand set up (because you only stated you use GW on 9.2)?

However if you create an emunand you can update its FW (beware of not updating Sysnand), install cia, and autoboot with Menuhax (lower boot rate and slower than a9lh).

You can also set up a9lh and keep using your GW card / Emunand. (there were some issues with v2 of a9lh and GW but I dont know whats that exactly about)
My setup is like this: a a9lh n3ds xl with Sysnand running luma on 9.2 (which I dont use lol) and 11.0 Emunand autobooting GW CFW.

However if you decide to go for a9lh DONT use the method GW is suggesting on their site, use plailects guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.