XXLANCEXX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking
is it possible to install CFW for DevMenu or BigBlueMenu
and then replace it with emuNAND so you can have both DevMenu and BigblueMenu on it for emunand without the MT or Gateway card?

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. The CFW and MT/Gateway emunand use two different launchers.

You could technically launch CFW, install DevMenu/Games/etc, and then exit CFW. And certainly the games would be installed and you could see them (that's my set up right now). But you can't launch them without the CFW being enabled. Which is only 4.X for the time being.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Emunand is only a phisical nand image, so you can install devmenu with the cfw loader, than run the emunand with another loader.

To do do this you can't simply swap the launcher.dat, because the GW emunand is stored on the sd with the first sector moved at the end of the nand image.

If you know how to extract the CFW emunand (with dd or some equivalent sw) and reinject it with emunandtool, you can boot it with the GW loader or with Mt one. I did it.

But this is of no use, because GW loader doesn't launch the emunand without the cart, the MT loader does, but doesn't eliminates the cia signature check, so your installed cia (including devmenu) won't work.

It's the same if your sysnand and emunand are linked. You can see the cia while in sysnand but can't load them. The code in the launcher.dat makes the difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself