Hacking Is this possible?

Xta Large

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to uninstall the News/Forecast channels? For me they're just wasted space and it'd be great to free up some extra blocks.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not possible because they are system channels which can't be deleted trust me i tried deleting mines with AnyTitleDeleter.I think the korean Wii doesn't have the news/forecast channel.

breakdaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES, there is a way, sort of. I can't find the method right now, but I read you can take the wad of the channel off a disc, fuck with the TMD, delete the rest of the data, fakesign, then install over your current channel. It basically keeps it from using any space.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As already stated, you can delete them. I've never removed them, but this sounds like the best method...

teq said:
This has been posted several times. You should try doing a search next time.

Tools you need: Hex editor, FSdump, Wadmaker.

Dump your NAND.

The system channels are located in WII_FS\TITLE0010002\

You'll see several numbered folders and inside of each are two additional folders: DATA and CONTENT. The DATA folder stores all of the files for the channel. If you can't find the WADs for these channels online, keep these so you don't have to format.

If you open up the TMD file, you'll get the 4 digit Title ID for the channel.

Download the Internet Channel WAD.

Hex edit this title ID to the one for the channel you want to remove.

Use the WAD manager to first uninstall this channel, then install it.

Go to the Wii Channel Management and delete the channel. The ticket will stay, but the data will be removed. This prevents the channel from being re-installed when you insert a game with an update.

Source: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=925...p;#entry1236644

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
YES, it is possible to open topics without a proper name and any explanation what you want, so everyone has to open it to answer a question that has been here a hundred times before.

Good example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."