rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
I got an email from
QUOTE said:
"[email protected]"

With this content...

QUOTEDear PayPal Costumer,
It has come to our attention that your PayPal® account information needs to be updated as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to reduce the instance of fraud on our website. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and update your personal records you will not run into any future problems with the online service.
However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension. Please update your records before May 31, 2011.
Once you have updated your account records, your PayPal® account activity will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.
Click here to update your PayPal account information

Copyright © 1999-2011 PayPal. All rights reserved.
Information about FDIC pass-through insurance

The thing is, though I have a paypal account, they sent me the notification into my other email address.

So is this email legit or they are trying to phis me?

Thanks!

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
It's still phishing...
When you click on the link to "update your account details", you will most likely be taken to a phishing site where you will be asked to enter your paypal account details. BTW, it is easy to fake the from address, so don't let that fool you.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Dear PayPal Costumer

Paypal ALWAYS call you by your full name in emails. And they can spell customer. Unless you set up your account solely to buy cosplay and fancy dress stuff?

Clicking the link will take you to a fake paypal site, log the username and password you enter and pass them onto someone who will empty your account. If you get an email telling you to do something on your account, don't follow a link in the email, open a web browser and type www.paypal.com and log on that way. Then you know you're actually on the site you think you are.

Smartpal

The Guitar Guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
BlueStar said:
QUOTE said:
Dear PayPal Costumer

Paypal ALWAYS call you by your full name in emails. And they can spell customer. Unless you set up your account solely to buy cosplay and fancy dress stuff?

Clicking the link will take you to a fake paypal site, log the username and password you enter and pass them onto someone who will empty your account. If you get an email telling you to do something on your account, don't follow a link in the email, open a web browser and type www.paypal.com and log on that way. Then you know you're actually on the site you think you are.

LOL

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
If in doubt, type www.paypal.com in your address bar and login. Look for anything saying you're suspended.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have to ask it IS PHISHING
tongue.gif

Though to be honest I'm kinda surprised, almost all phishing emails get dumped into the junk bin for me by default. hotmail has become much more usable now that 99% of the crap I get actually gets routed to my junk box correctly.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I get all kinds of that crap here and there,change your facebook password (don't have one),your order just shipped from amazon(didn't order anything) etc etc its basically all the same shit...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.