Is this media good?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Konachan, Feb 14, 2010.

Feb 14, 2010

Is this media good? by Konachan at 6:06 AM (636 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Konachan
    OP

Newcomer Konachan Advanced Member

United States
    I Know what everyones gonna say when they read this "VERBATIMS ONLAY BIATCH!!!!!ADSNCADSKJADVJBDFBVHJDBVDASHJUDFBVKJDAFBVJL" but i was looking on amazon Because i used up my Memorex Spindle (Really sucked, 15 coasters out of 25 In a spindle with lots of Manufactorer Defects) and found this
    http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-50-Pack...6989&sr=8-4
    AmazonBasics DVD+R DL And looked it up and Saw it is Rebranded Ricoh Media and Made in Japan And uses Organic Dye.

And i was wondering if anyone here Has used em and were satisfied (thinking of buying em because you Get 50 for 30$ rather then 25 for 30$ for Verbatims)

Edit: Also while on topic, Are HP DLs good? or are they Shitty-Outsourced-CMCmagnetics-Landfillmaterial like memosux

Edit2: lol ALSO on topic, do Lightscribes work? i mean i think they would but i want to make sure it doesn't use A Different dye that makes your 360 laser go "ASDF!!!"

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Of course, there are several non-Verbatim media that work but from my own experience, Verbatim have the lowest chance of coaster-ing. Of all the Verbatims I've burned, I've only got 7 coasters. Compared to other media that tend to lose around half of those I burn, it's a marked improvement.

Best thing to do is see for yourself, since the burner itself is as important as the media. I hear that Pioneer make the best DVD drives, yet it's been a while since I've seen any in shops.

Lightscribing is an entirely different aspect to DVD media. It requires a compatible DVD surface, but other than that is has no effect on how well or not it will burn.

3. godsakes

Member godsakes GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    the cheapo Aone seem to work fine. No more coaster than the Verbatims (coasters are probably caused more by my basic DVD drive than the media i use) while they probably won't last as long as a verbatim, most games i only complete once anyway (too much choice when you pirate) so there's little sense paying 4x as much to keep them longer