Is this crack dangerous???

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by davislim, Mar 24, 2009.

Mar 24, 2009

Is this crack dangerous??? by davislim at 3:59 AM (818 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. davislim
    OP

Member davislim GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    after having my DS lite for a year+ and this happened
    [​IMG]
    sry tat i do not hav a actual pic coz of my bad camera tat shot a perfectly fine dsl instead

from what i found on the forum there is no similar post so i'll just have to ask it myself

it a crack right between the light bar n the middle long bar a you can see from the pic....a tiny horizontal line
    it will widens if i opened my DS to 85+ degrees (as how most ppl playing with) n closes it back....
    the gaps remains widen only if I open it to its maximum(90 degree) n closing it...the gap is back to a line

I tried to glue it but I don't think that will fix it
    I have a protective casing on it and I think that will help to secure it better...prevent it from getting worst...
    So is this crack a start of major broken hinge???? or just a minor prob????

2. edwardorito

Newcomer edwardorito Member

United States
    Well I actually had this crack last year. Nintendo replaced it cause to them "Tightening it to much".

if you actually did this [​IMG] then they won't replace it.

I was in luck bcuz they weren't replacing "Hinge broken" DS's anymore so good luck to you.

Hope this helps

3. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    First off, a protective case over it won't help it.

I would recommend getting a whole brand new shell.

But any crack in the hinge is a somewhat major issue. You have to be more gentle with it over time.

I wouldn't take it so lightly. Get a new shell asap.

4. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Firstly, it depends on your source; there are a number of different materials that crack can be cut with, and there's no easy way to find out what the crack you have is cut with. Assuming your batch is in OK condition, one of the common side effects of smoking crack is paranoia, which could prove risky depending on where you are. Also, your dopamine levels will rapidly plummet after use, so you could finish up feeling depressed; additional hits have diminished returns, because your dopamine levels need to be replenished before you can repeat the same high. This could lead to taking larger and larger hits, which is really never good for you, and could have effects on your respiration or even result in cardiac arrest. I recommend not smoking crack.

5. 1NOOB

Member 1NOOB GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    they change my ds for another one , when i had this , then like 2 weeks later , i noticed anotehr crack , dunno why but it was there lol , then one day i open my ds and a little plasticc aprt fell of , now i can see a metal aprt where the crack was , and when i recharge my ds i can hear it yay lol : D