Hardware is this a hardware or software fault?

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, so i have been given a nintendo switch that doesn't charge, i plug it into the dock and the green light flashes fast.
If you remove the battery it will charge, just not in the switch, I have read many threads about this issue..
I was hoping for a faulty usb c port but I have managed to connect my switch to a laptop and connected to tegraRcmGui so would be able to nand backup so this proves the post functions!
I came across this forum post https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/ i wanted to know if i try and rebuild the system and start from scratch is this likely to sort the issue or am i wasting my time because it is a hardWare fault?
Any tips would be great, thanks.

CosmicArray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds a lot like the issue im having and that i just posted a thread about. Haha!
OOps! First time hearing tegraRcmGui, may have to look into that.
Has there been any updates?

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This sounds a lot like the issue im having and that i just posted a thread about. Haha!
OOps! First time hearing tegraRcmGui, may have to look into that.
Has there been any updates?
Hi, I never did get it working. I think I just wrote it off as a bad one.
Sorry couldn't be more help.

SolidSnakeUk89

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, so i have been given a nintendo switch that doesn't charge, i plug it into the dock and the green light flashes fast.
If you remove the battery it will charge, just not in the switch, I have read many threads about this issue..
I was hoping for a faulty usb c port but I have managed to connect my switch to a laptop and connected to tegraRcmGui so would be able to nand backup so this proves the post functions!
I came across this forum post https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/ i wanted to know if i try and rebuild the system and start from scratch is this likely to sort the issue or am i wasting my time because it is a hardWare fault?

did you ever take it apart? - I would start by checking that there is 3-6v on pin 5 of the M92T36 chip and and also another 3-6v on pin 6 (you can prove the caps right next to the pins.. its a bit easier) also check that you dont have anything shorting to ground on the main power rail and check the chokes that connect to the PI3USB matrix chip, they should have continuity in vertical but not crossline - they smooth the signal that allows Dock comms with the rest of the NS.

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

go and watch the videos My Mate Vince made on his channel about this so you be able to figure out if its the battery or the switch there is a specific chip that almost always is the problem
https://www.youtube.com/user/mymatevince

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded