Is this a gateway 3ds clone ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ashtonx, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Ashtonx
    OP

Ashtonx n0l1f3

Oct 31, 2013
    Poland
    So i've been looking through auctions here, and i'm getting a bit confused:

[​IMG]

here's the front photo:

[​IMG]

after comparing it with photo on gateway website pins look good, however after further inspection the sticker doesn't seem to match. So was gateway sloppy with its stickers or is it just a later clone ?

[​IMG]

2. Alessandro98

Alessandro98 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2014
    Italy
    It' legit, also the package consfirms it. Mine is identical to yours and works perfectly with 2.3 :lol:

3. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Stickers are usually applied by the reseller and they often do a sloppy job. (nds-card got mine straight though, kudos to them)

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    looks legit....the only distracting thing is the green PCB on the blue card....mine is red, but im pretty sure i remember some people saying they got a green pcb.....but idk

5. Ashtonx
    OP

Ashtonx n0l1f3

Oct 31, 2013
    Poland
    thanks, honestly it's damn disturbing, since the price difference is around 20usd in comparison to official reseller in my country.

btw out of simple curisity:

what about this one:
    [​IMG]

in this case there are some major (imo) differences in how pcb looks

6. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    See if you can update it with FPGA to the 2.0 firmware.... If it's successful, you've got a legitimate card!

EDIT: Whoops, should of read the post properly. Mods please delete this post.

bkifft likes this.
  7. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    yeah, my blue card has a red PCB as well (not that it's really relevant to anything... it's just an r4 clone)

8. Ashtonx
    OP

Ashtonx n0l1f3

Oct 31, 2013
    Poland
    argh, guess i'll go with official reseller, at least i can make mess if it turns out not to be a legit or something brakes ;)
    i've already had some annoyances with clone card for nds and they're both around 100usd so 20 here or there for peace of mind might be the price i'll pay. Still gateway should provide some better info on clones given how some consoles got bricked.

9. chucky102

chucky102 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2014
    Poland
    The first one is fine. I bought Gateway from that person...

eggsample and Ashtonx like this.
  10. glass

glass Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2013
    Just curiosity, anybody else have a yellow PCB on the blue card? Mine is from the very first batch and I'm sure is legit btw.

11. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    I never even took the blue card out of the packaging. Wonder what color pcb I got

gamesquest1 likes this.
  12. Maciek

Maciek Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2013
    Poland
    Warsaw, Poland
    Hello dear gbatemp users. These pictures i have made. Its from polish site allegro. I Have sold many gateways in Poland and in the world on ebay and never had return. This is 100% legit product. Best wishes for everyone! Maciek.

MOHRCORE likes this.
  13. Crisp Cookie

Crisp Cookie GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2013
    Belgium
    I also have a yellow PCB, 100%legit

14. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    nobody really said they where fake, pretty much all agreed they where legit.....its more a discussion of the pcb traffic lights

15. eggsample

eggsample punahussy

Mar 29, 2010
    Poland
    GW DS card uses 3 different pcb colors and they are all legit.

PS First photo with strange cut on the label is old and was made many moths ago. I forgot about it and I need to chagne to the right one.

[​IMG]

16. Ashtonx
    OP

Ashtonx n0l1f3

Oct 31, 2013
    Poland
    eggsample you should try to get on that authorized resellers list @ gateway site, with your prices it'll easily outsell the only official reseller in our country.

btw it's quite interesting yellow one is legit too, it's completely different design.

17. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    That are all only cheap R4 clones with a new firmware. Gateway probably bought them somewhere very cheap. They aren't even really related to the 3DS mode functions.

18. Ashtonx
    OP

Ashtonx n0l1f3

Oct 31, 2013
    Poland
    Ah right, since they're not related they might as well go cheap and order them somewhere, rather than manufacture them themselves.

19. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    well basically its cards that where blocked in 6.3 so the original makers and resellers probably sold all the "useless" cards off in bulk for very cheap....seeing as gateway only works on 4.x there was no real reason to pay for cards that work on the latest FW

20. PhoenixWrightX

PhoenixWrightX GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2014
    United States
    This thread made me stop eating my banana for a second to check the authenticity of my gateway 3ds.

It's okay, I have an original

Ashtonx and johnnywalker like this.