Hardware Is this a fake WiiClip?

Abeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

My D2Pro-9 arrived today. I ordered on pre-soldered.

I'd just like to get your expert advise before I install it.
unsure.gif

Does it look real to you? I can't find anywhere with comparisson photos for this model....

frontplastic.jpg

backplastic.jpg

frontchip.jpg

backchip.jpg

If it's fake what should I do?
If it's real, do I just open up the console again and plug it in, or do I have to do other things first?

Thanks in advance!

Abeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply!

This is the 'how to tell if your wii clip is fake' website:
http://www.wii-clip.com/original.htm

But it doesn't have V4C listed
frown.gif

However the one's it does have that it says are fake, look pretty similar to mine, but I didn't know if they have changed the origina for this chip.

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, it looks like it's fake.

The grey plastic material is much too dark, the 1's on the long number on the top are in the wrong font, and there's no number on the bottom of the clip.

The 1's are an easy way to tell if your clip is fake. The 1's on fake clips have the straight nose thing. The 1's on real clips have the curved nose, like the 1's you see in this forum.

Abeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got a reply from the guys at WiiClip who said that it is "200% fake"

The guy I bought it off said he bought it from one of WiiClips dealers so it can't be fake.

I guess I better go shopping for a new one!

Abeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

I got in touch with the seller via email and after denying that it could be fake a few times he said he wouldn't refund until I returned it, so I have sent it back. Hopefully he will refund!

When I asked who he bought it from he just kept saying that it was 'one of their dealers'.

I have now bought a new chip from spainsellers.com and it all looks genuine.

I just want to clarify though, I have an NTSC wii. The D2Pro9 arrived this morning and the seller has soldered over JP2, JP1 is open.
According to the website that it is soldered for PAL games.

If I install it will it work properly and accept all discs as usual? Or do I need to de-solder that and put some solder on the JP1 jumper to close that?

Thanks again!

Rice923

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should probably report the site that you boguht it from to Wii Clip. It's a good idea because it could cause Wii Clip to personally contact them (hopefully they'll change business tactics afterward). And yes the clip is quite fake.

As for your PAL question, I'm not sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2