So, I was looking around today and I found this laptop:

HP DV6-3204TX

Specs:
Processor Type: Core i5
Processor Speed (GHz): 2.66
Installed RAM (GB): 4
Hard Drive Size: 640GB
Screen Size: 15.6"
Graphics Card Type: Radeon HD 6550 (1 GB Dedicated)

I can get it for $800 dollars, at the bare minimum.

Is it a decent purchase, for what it is? Keep in mind that I am an Australian, so prices will differ. Also note, I don't really want to build a PC, because I like portable computers.

Please, also, don't flame me. I quite like HP Laptops, I have never had an issue with them and I don't hold grudges either.

So, what do you guys think. Should I get this laptop?

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Get it if you want.. You will probably need to get a cooling stand. What type of i5 is it?

D

Deleted-273695

ihackedit said:
Good price, buy it before someone else does.
Oh yeah, I have this!, (didn't know what the codename was) anyway, you don't need a cooler and it runs really smoothly, no lag.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
According to reviews, it has a Core i5-480M. Supposedly it can run Black Ops at high settings, although there's no mention how hot it runs in doing that. I can't find any professional reviews for it though (or any user reviews for that matter) so I can't say how good it is.

At least on paper, the specs are pretty good for a multimedia laptop.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought a Hp i5 laptop. I have not tested black ops but i can tell you that your pc wll get so hot you cannot hold it anymore. Also my battery stopped working after 2 weeks and i sent it in for them to repair and they sent it back still broken.
unsure.gif
I might be forced to take it back to the store... still waiting for ther call after 4 days.... i do not recommend hp as of now...

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
No laptop is supposed to get that hot, which implies that there's a defect in the design. Most likely the cooling not working properly.

As for HP support... well, all I can say is that your experience is common. You're still entitled to a full refund or replacement for the first month, and usually the first year.

D

Deleted User

You're from Australia? Then yes, I'd suppose it is a decent laptop. 6550 is a rebranded 5650 if I remember correctly which gives it a nice reputation. As far as HP support, it's pretty variable, but tons of my friends have had problems with Dell/HP mass-produced laptops.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Im also going to say get it. It looks like a good laptop (depends on the purpose though..) and the specs are nice also.

I havent had a HP computer so I cant say anything about it..

raiderscrusade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ihackedit said:
ihackedit said:
Good price, buy it before someone else does.
Oh yeah, I have this!, (didn't know what the codename was) anyway, you don't need a cooler and it runs really smoothly, no lag.

Does it make loud noises or anything (due to the fan)? Or is it a smooth machine?

QUOTE(Theraima @ May 18 2011, 05:33 AM)
Im also going to say get it. It looks like a good laptop (depends on the purpose though..) and the specs are nice also.

I havent had a HP computer so I cant say anything about it..

It's basically multipurpose. I don't play many PC games, apart from the odd Minecraft here and there.. (that's what the PS3 is for), however I do enjoy using AutoCAD, so if it runs AutoCAD with ease it would be good.

I was looking around at similar laptops in terms of specs, and they are around the $1000 range or above, so that's what also attracted me.

I will most likely get it, because it is a steal for the price being paid, in my opinion.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
This is similar hardware to my Vaio laptop. The processor is nice and fast, never tried to hold it just after playing a session of portal or anything so can't comment on heat so much. The graphics card should also suffice for most games on medium to high settings and any Source game on really high settings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)