Is there no updated Homepass (for Android)?

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by TidusWulf, Oct 23, 2015.

1. TidusWulf
    OP

TidusWulf Real Aloha

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Hawaii
    I know Android 5.0 killed Homepass, but we're already at 6.0 now. Has there not been a breakthru with changing MAC addresses? Even without a dedicated Homepassing app? I would gladly run a terminal script if it'd work...

2. controlepw

controlepw Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2015
    Brazil
    The mac you wanna chance is the android's? If so tell me your model, i've succefully chances my mac many times through a simple way.

3. TidusWulf
    OP

TidusWulf Real Aloha

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Hawaii
    HTC One m8, running android Android 5.0.1

4. controlepw

controlepw Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2015
    Brazil
    i don't have a One, but i've been told that the chameleMAC app works

5. W4T4R1

W4T4R1 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 20, 2014
    Italy
    I have a Nexus 5 with Android 5.1.1, and i've tried plenty of apps; useless to say that none of the worked. So i discovered a simple command for the terminal and it worked great!
    You have to install Busybox and a Terminal app (of course you must root your phone); next go into the Terminal with the wifi turned ON, digit netcfg to list all wireless interfaces: you need to write down the name of the wifi interface, the neame should be wlan0 or eth0 ( it is the only that at the right has an IP which isn't 0.0.0.0/0 or 127.0.0.1.
    Next simply turn off your wifi and write the following command: busybox ifconfig <wifi interface fom before> hw ether <mac address you want to homepass in the form XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX).
    Next you simply turn on the hotspot, naming it NZ@McD1 with no password protection aaaand... Happy homepass!!
    The original MAC of your device will be restored when you re-enable the wifi from the settings, so don't worry ;)

Last edited by W4T4R1, Dec 6, 2015
    sTIMulat3 likes this.
  6. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    I found the best way for me is to use Androidpass and force it to run via busybox. ifconfig option

Only downside is for me at least is that it turns off the hotspot every time it gets a hit.
    its more automated than above because it still changes ips i just have to hit a button to enable hotspot again

7. DarklyKnight

DarklyKnight Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2015
    Senegal
    Hey so I tried this, and getting "ifconfig: SIOCSIFHWADDR: No such device" after entering the following command for mac address. Any help?

EDIT: Instead of writing wlan0 I wrote the IP *facepalm*, my bad. Anyway, do I have to turn on the mobile data?

EDIT 2: I successfully did changed the MAC, but everytime the 3DS connected, it will immediately disconnected and the MAC address will return to default back again..

Last edited by DarklyKnight, Dec 19, 2015
  8. Lokan

Lokan Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2016
    New Zealand
    Tried this and it seems like it works, 3ds shows streetpass in the upper left when i use attwifi, but i never get any hits on any MACs =(
    3ds GW emunand 9.2
    galaxy note 3 custom 5.1.1

UPD: Didn't work out on mobile but it worked on my dd-wrt powered router, so YAY =)

Last edited by Lokan, Apr 12, 2016
  9. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    y u no marshmallow?

nvm... post is so old...