Is there fix for green screen flicker before game boot?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by coffeeBean, Apr 17, 2009.

1. coffeeBean
    OP

Newcomer coffeeBean Member

United States
    Is there a way to prevent the flickering of the green screen before a game boots on sd/usb loader. I know I saw this in one loader, but what changes to the source prevent this from happening. Is it resolved by forcing ntsc or something? I'm running my wii at 480p with ntsc games on ntsc console.

2. ILLPLEASA

Newcomer ILLPLEASA Member

United States
    To my knowledge there is no fix for this.. I know it can get annoying but is it really that much of a bother?

3. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    when i used Ultimate loader 6.7 there was no green flicker upon booting a game [​IMG]

4. grante

Newcomer grante Advanced Member

United States
    Using the same loader I get the green flash for a second. It's not that big a deal, looks like the wii resetting it's video mode.

It's probably possible to hide it, but I think it's pretty low on the dev's list.

5. xem1x

Member xem1x GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't mind it, its an assuring confirmation the game is going to at least load. [​IMG]

6. Sachka

Member Sachka GBAtemp Regular

France
    That green screen sux huh? I hate it [​IMG] it is also present in CMIOS when booting gc games [​IMG]

7. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Some guys are funny... you can run your games off usb/dvd/sdhc regardless of the video/language.
    And all that bothers you, is a small green flash. Come on ^^

8. coffeeBean
    OP

Newcomer coffeeBean Member

United States
    The reason I ask is that I did use a usb-loader on my exact same tv setup (ntsc 480p) that did not have this problem. It was ~a week ago with a v1.1 mod that I deleted which i can't remember which one it was. Therefore, I am thinking that somebody figured this problem out and has a simple fix for it.

9. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    I think I've heard/read somewhere that this green screen is very important, it has a certain reason...don't know exactly which one, I thought it has something to do with stretching the game to full-size screen, or something like that...maybe the Pro's here can answer that correctly...but I swear I've read somehwere that he does something...

Anyways..why are some (or especially one) people angry about this? You see it only for a second, when not less...be happy that you can play games via USB or have GC-Backups for free. If you don't like it, shut up, and play your original region-matching Games from the Disc-Channel...problem solved... [​IMG]. I sometimes think that some people don't know what a great free gift they're using, and threatening it with no respect....

10. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    angry ? [​IMG] Some ppl just love tweaking this stuff more than actually playing games on the wii [​IMG] you see it in every custom firmware / loader scene, like the psp scene
    pretty harmless to talk about it tho..

11. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    I talked about Sachka and maybe other people that think so... . Now we're entering the non-specific part: I don't like people who only complain and don't do something. I have nothing against people that try to make the things better, he'll, I would love to support them, but there isn't much I can offer. Hope I made some things clear.

~Blue-K

12. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    ah yeah didnt see that post [​IMG]

13. Shinigami Kiba

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    whats it matter if there's a green flicker for a split second, in fact I get purple AND green on some games and I like it.

It sucks when a game freezes on the green screen though and it doesn't boot ever, just green screen...like Klonoa xd