Hacking Is there fix for green screen flicker before game boot?

coffeeBean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to prevent the flickering of the green screen before a game boots on sd/usb loader. I know I saw this in one loader, but what changes to the source prevent this from happening. Is it resolved by forcing ntsc or something? I'm running my wii at 480p with ntsc games on ntsc console.

ILLPLEASA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coffeeBean said:
Is there a way to prevent the flickering of the green screen before a game boots on sd/usb loader. I know I saw this in one loader, but what changes to the source prevent this from happening. Is it resolved by forcing ntsc or something? I'm running my wii at 480p with ntsc games on ntsc console.

To my knowledge there is no fix for this.. I know it can get annoying but is it really that much of a bother?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when i used Ultimate loader 6.7 there was no green flicker upon booting a game
smile.gif

grante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
when i used Ultimate loader 6.7 there was no green flicker upon booting a game
smile.gif

Using the same loader I get the green flash for a second. It's not that big a deal, looks like the wii resetting it's video mode.

It's probably possible to hide it, but I think it's pretty low on the dev's list.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Some guys are funny... you can run your games off usb/dvd/sdhc regardless of the video/language.
And all that bothers you, is a small green flash. Come on ^^

coffeeBean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I ask is that I did use a usb-loader on my exact same tv setup (ntsc 480p) that did not have this problem. It was ~a week ago with a v1.1 mod that I deleted which i can't remember which one it was. Therefore, I am thinking that somebody figured this problem out and has a simple fix for it.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I think I've heard/read somewhere that this green screen is very important, it has a certain reason...don't know exactly which one, I thought it has something to do with stretching the game to full-size screen, or something like that...maybe the Pro's here can answer that correctly...but I swear I've read somehwere that he does something...

Anyways..why are some (or especially one) people angry about this? You see it only for a second, when not less...be happy that you can play games via USB or have GC-Backups for free. If you don't like it, shut up, and play your original region-matching Games from the Disc-Channel...problem solved...
dry.gif
. I sometimes think that some people don't know what a great free gift they're using, and threatening it with no respect....

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
I think I've heard/read somewhere that this green screen is very important, it has a certain reason...don't know exactly which one, I thought it has something to do with stretching the game to full-size screen, or something like that...maybe the Pro's here can answer that correctly...but I swear I've read somehwere that he does something...

Anyways..why are some people angry about this? You see it only for a second, when not less...be happy that you can play games via USB or have GC-Backups for free. If you don't like it, shut up, and play your original region-matching Games from the Disc-Channel...problem solved...
dry.gif
. I sometimes think that some people don't know what a great free gift they're using, and threatening it with no respect....
angry ?
tongue.gif
Some ppl just love tweaking this stuff more than actually playing games on the wii
wink.gif
you see it in every custom firmware / loader scene, like the psp scene
pretty harmless to talk about it tho..

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
manias said:
Blue-K said:

Anyways..why are some people angry about this? You see it only for a second, when not less...be happy that you can play games via USB or have GC-Backups for free. If you don't like it, shut up, and play your original region-matching Games from the Disc-Channel...problem solved...
dry.gif
angry ?
tongue.gif
Some ppl just love tweaking this stuff more than actually playing games on the wii
wink.gif
I talked about Sachka and maybe other people that think so... . Now we're entering the non-specific part: I don't like people who only complain and don't do something. I have nothing against people that try to make the things better, he'll, I would love to support them, but there isn't much I can offer. Hope I made some things clear.

~Blue-K

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
manias said:
Blue-K said:

dry.gif
angry ?
tongue.gif
wink.gif
I talked about Sachka and maybe other people that think so... . Now we're entering the non-specific part: I don't like people who only complain and don't do something. I have nothing against people that try to make the things better, he'll, I would love to support them, but there isn't much I can offer. Hope I made some things clear.

~Blue-K
ah yeah didnt see that post
smile.gif

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
whats it matter if there's a green flicker for a split second, in fact I get purple AND green on some games and I like it.

It sucks when a game freezes on the green screen though and it doesn't boot ever, just green screen...like Klonoa xd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: