is there any way to update ???

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by mich_e_l2000, Oct 13, 2015.

1. mich_e_l2000
    OP

mich_e_l2000 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2015
    Egypt
    please i have wii u with firmware 1..0.2
    is there any way to update other than buying a game to update the system from ???

is there any alternatives to super smask bros ...and why must i put an original disc in the drive ???

Thanks

2. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    If you want to update to a specific firmware, you need to use a game. If you just want to be on the latest FW, use the online function.

And what do you mean by why you have to put an original disc in the drive? Where else do you want to put it if not in the drive??

3. fiveighteen

fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    I assume he means for Loadiine. Yes, it must be Super Smash Bros. It is the game with the largest RPX and SD card access. You can also use the eShop version though.

4. mich_e_l2000
    OP

mich_e_l2000 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2015
    Egypt
    yeah i meant for loadiine ...
    ok
    in the future can any one make progress to make it run ( loadiine ) without original disc and by any other game other than super smash bros ??

5. iCEQB

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Once there is a IOSU exploit you won't need any game at all, you can even use USB devices then.
    But until then, loadiine in its current state is the best that will happen with a kernel exploit

6. mich_e_l2000
    OP

mich_e_l2000 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2015
    Egypt
    you mean by IOSU exploit as Reset glitch hack for xbox 360 right ???
    are they near to discover that ???? it will be great for sure

7. iCEQB

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    IOSU is the OS for the security co-processor of the Wii U. It is exploitable via software and doesn't need extra hardware like the RGH on the 360.

The team does progress on this front but nothing conrete is known yet about possible attack vectors. I heard @Hykem can do a few crashes here and there but he keeps details under wraps.
    He is documenting the IOSU on the Wii U dev wiki.

mich_e_l2000 likes this.