Homebrew Is there any way to solve this?

OmegaZ2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys. First post here.

I've been googling around to see if I could find a workaround to this situation but couldn't find anything. So I thought it would be best to ask here.
I have had my 3ds in this state for a long time, decided to take a look and see if I could fix it recently, but no luck at all. This happened back early in 2016, if it's of any help.

Basically, it won't start without a SD card (Blue light blinks). But when it starts, the touchpad and the buttons stop working, so I can't do anything.
I know the buttons are completely fine because I can boot into godmode9, luma, etc. and they work just fine. So I've been playing around with the files inside the SD card trying to fix this but nothing.

Here's a couple photos of what the N3Ds looks like when it starts (sorry about the bad quality lol), and what my SD card's files look like.
82002367_603164730511337_828569422703624192_n.jpg
81521944_950990891950022_625385948837838848_n.jpg
tetsd.png

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This behavior can mean “permanent touch input detected”.

You can try this on a working console (best with two people – or you need steady hands).
  • Console is off
  • One person holds the stylus permanently at the same spot on the touchscreen
  • The other person turns on the 2|3DS → Result:
    • Buttons do not work (Dpad, (L), (R), (Circle Pad)
    • (A) to start highlighted title might still work
    • Touch input may still work unless person 1 pushes pretty hard (don’t!!)

Things to try:

• Before trying software repair of any kind (could be a software issue as well I guess) create an image of the current status aka NAND backup.
  • Try touchscreen calibration in latest GodMode9.
    • This will not modify touch calibration in the actual operating system as far as I’m aware. But it can be used to test if touch input is working.
In case you have reason to believe the issue is hardware based:
  • If you have a screen protector on the lower screen carefully remove it.
  • If you have no screen protector inspect the edges and corners. Maybe a piece of dirt is between the touch panel and the frame.
  • Disconnect touch panel from motherboard.
    • I never tried if it still turns on without (will do on O3DSXL now)
    • Edit: O3DSXL turns on after disconnecting touch input.
  • Replace touch panel
    • Touch panel is cheap
    • Refer to the ifixit guides and watch some videos. It is easy to damage ribbon cables and/or connectors
    • Watch some additional videos

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

OmegaZ2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try a ctrtransfer
I tried to follow this guide but the latest version of godmode9 doesn't seems to work on my 3DS. I press the power up button and then hold the start button like always but the screen just remains black and nothing happens. It seems that I need an older version of gm9, specifically 1.3.1. I have an older version myself but it doesn't have the scripts section implemented yet. Do you know where I can get older releases of gm9?

This behavior can mean “permanent touch input detected”.

You can try this on a working console (best with two people – or you need steady hands).
  • Console is off
  • One person holds the stylus permanently at the same spot on the touchscreen
  • The other person turns on the 2|3DS → Result:
    • Buttons do not work (Dpad, (L), (R), (Circle Pad)
    • (A) to start highlighted title might still work
    • Touch input may still work unless person 1 pushes pretty hard (don’t!!)
  • Before trying software repair of any kind (could be a software issue as well I guess) create an image of the current status aka NAND backup.
  • Try touchscreen calibration in latest GodMode9.
    • This will not modify touch calibration in the actual operating system as far as I’m aware. But it can be used to test if touch input is working.
I did a NAND backup already. I tried to find the touchscreen calibration in my gm9 version but couldn't find it, probably a newer version feature?. As I said above, I can't seem to run the latest version of gm9 on my 3Ds

Reactions: Alexander1970

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by Quantumcat,

OmegaZ2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What version of Luma are you using? Hold Select on boot and see what the menu tells you.

If 7.0.5 or less follow
If 7.1 follow
If higher get the latest Luma boot.firm and replace the one on your SD card:

See if touch works after that (probably not) then get the latest GodMode9 and try @KleinesSinchen's advice with calibration
Thanks a lot. I managed to get the last version of gm9 working. Although for some reason the menu's options couldn't stay still and I couldn't select the options properly without holding the right directional key (It was like I were permanently pressing the up directional key).
I managed to work with that anyway and finally opened the touchscreen calibration, but when it told me to touch the first red cross in the upper-left side of the screen, It didn't do nothing. So I'm assuming it is a hardware problem with the touchscreen.
I will try to find some tiny screwdrivers and see if I can fix it. Will keep updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: So. I'm a Major