Gaming Is there any way to fix my mouse?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
A week or two ago, I started noticing that my mouse was acting up. Before, it worked perfectly and the response time was really good, but now, it's working horrible. (And it seems to get worse every day...)

I have a regular, generic Dell mouse that came with my computer (which is probably nearly 2 years old). It's the type of mouse that has the little wheel on the bottom. Lately, I've noticed that when I move it around, the cursor on my screen just stops. I have to shake the mouse wildly for a couple of seconds before the damn thing starts responding again. In a few seconds, the problem starts again. At first, it was pretty bad... now its horrible. I can't really do anything with the damn mouse without having it freeze on me or "hiccup". (It will move, then stop... then continue a bit and stop again... etc)

I figured it could be that it was dirty, so I tried using a can of compressed air and sprayed it a few times. That didn't help at all. Is there any way to fix it, or do I just have to buy a new mouse? The closest hardware store is pretty far, so I'm hoping I can just fix this one :\

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a male mouse right? It has a ball? (LOL
wink.gif
)

Anyway, you should be able to twist the plate around that ball and gain access to the inside of the mouse around the roller ball area.....their are little rollers that the ball rolls against to detect your movements. Most likely, you have dirt, hair and other various crud on those rollers. You need to clear that stuff off of them.

Turn off your computer and unplug the mouse before you mess with it. Use tweezers to pick the crud off the rollers. As long as you don't damage anything in the process, it should make the mouse function properly again once you put it back together. It's not hard to do.

The ultimate solution though is to buy a female mouse (no balls......optical). Then you'll NEVER have this problem again.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Okay, thanks Rayder. I'll try that right now.

And yeah, I've thought about buying the "female" mouse, but like I said, the hardware store is really far and my mom won't take me...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...