Is there any real difference between these two tempered screen protectors?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    By Case Base

[​IMG]
    Source: Amazon

By NiceEshop

[​IMG]
    Source: Amazon

The Case Base looks like the "Pro" choice but I don't know, they sorta seem nearly the same except the Case Base offers more protection which I'm not entirely sure that's completely true. CB costs a bit more than NE and comes with one screen protector, whereas the NE costs a tad less and comes with two screen protectors.

I have the Case Base on order but it hasn't been shipped so I might :switch: to the NiceEshop one.

Reecey likes this.
  2. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I saw the Casebase protectors on Amazon.co.uk and it seems to be selling well with good write ups! I was going to go with that one for first choice but I went for the cheap £9.99p versions from Argos instead, seems to work well my end, up to now!

I was about to get you the link from Argos.co.uk but its gone now, the only one left is the Hori Premiums @£14.99p which has had really bad write ups according to buyers @Amazon.co.uk.

Which versions are you using on yours?

Last edited by Reecey, Mar 6, 2017
    Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  3. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Think I'll be going with CaseBase's screen protection as they claim it to be real glass and stuff. More reliable than NiceEshop.

Reecey likes this.
  4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i've been looking for the casebase ones...ordered!

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Mar 6, 2017
  5. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    if only tech 21 would have their tempered glass screen protectors made for the switch. I have one on my phone. It's made of thin but real slightly bendable glass. Uses a liquid spray to apply. thanks to the spray, you do not have to worry about the screen falling off. It's seal is so tight dirt, water and air does not get under neath it. Plus a lifetime warrantee. No need to pay for a new protector if it actually get's scratched.

Last edited by chartube12, Mar 6, 2017
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    So what about the official licensed ones by nintendo, the one that pbp company made?
    [​IMG]

7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    it's a piece of shit just look at it you can tell it's just a damn sticker and it will bubble like fuck!

8. chartube12

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    yup sure is. Meanwhile my afterglow from pdp is a much better controller then the trash microsoft sells as a controller. Your micro usb ports and wireless chips in your controllers suck microsoft!!!!!!

Really with PDP it depends on the product. Some are worse then trash and others are far better then first party items.

Casebase really? They sell their shit at 5 below for smartphones lol. They are not much better then what pdp traditionally sells as protectors for phones.

Last edited by chartube12, Mar 6, 2017
  9. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    So you would suggest the official licensed one by pdp?

10. chartube12

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Hell no!

11. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Yeah, it's just a sleeve sticker. Not very good.

12. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    I got a similar casebase one for my Samsung S6 phone and it's good. I have one of these on the way for the Switch now

13. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    You're thinking of the price over the quality? In terms of quality it seems to be stellar according to their CaseBase reviews for phones.

Good to know. :)

Gonna keep the order.

14. Cava

Cava GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2016
    Hungary
  15. chartube12

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    No i am not. I said they nearly as bad as the pdp one's. I refuse to buy them. You might as will stick your phone in a trading card sleeve. They are useless.

16. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Yes these are the Hori Premiums one I was on about up above and they have had really bad write ups according to amazon customers apparently there terrible things to stick on and usually never work out so don't buy one! in fact your picture shows the even cheaper versions that they are knocking out, arghhh NO!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Switch-Pre...8-9&keywords=nintendo+switch+screen+protector

Last edited by Reecey, Mar 6, 2017
  17. WiiuGold

WiiuGold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2015
    I went though three of them already lol four one is for collecting:) time to buy a different brand now

18. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden