Is there any homebrew

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Synt4x3rror, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Synt4x3rror
    OP

Synt4x3rror Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2010
    That can read, edit and most importantly CREATE text files?

I need something like that for on-the-go writing, it could be really useful to use to go shopping (like creating a grocery list and whatnot)

anyway, is there any homebrew that can do this? and thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    DSOrganize can do that as well as Moonshell2.
    Moonshell2's takes a little bit of setup beforehand, just putting a text file renamed to "[generic text editor name]._te" in a place where you want all of your text files to pop up and editing that file whenever you need to make a text file and then just have moonshell2 save it as a different file). The [generic text editor name]._te also has to have a character (in my case, I use a text file that has one space and renamed that).
    As for other homebrew...at the moment I can't think of any, although I'm guessing Stormwave might make TextDS2 support creating and editing text.

3. Synt4x3rror
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2010
    Oh ok, thanks for the info.

It would be a good addition to his homebrew app, lets ope it happens [​IMG]

4. lostdwarf

lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2008
    ENGLAND
    download colors! ds homebrew
    it is a fantastic paint program and i use it all the time to write things down, I am a lyricist and write most of my songs on it, you can write out a whole page, then scribble over with a colour and write a whole new page of lyrics and repeat...
    the reason this works is you can press START and the PLAY button will play everything you have written/drawn, exactly as you wrote/drew it as an animation!
    it is amazingly useful.
    and brilliant.

hope this is helpful to you.

5. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    I thought colors! had a recording limit...but that sounds like a good idea anyways (dunno if that is what he needs, but meh I might one to try that one day).

6. Synt4x3rror
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2010
    I already have dsnotes, it's what I'm currently using to go shopping [​IMG]

but I figured a text file would be better because I can see more stuff in less space

(a drawing takes more space than characters, obviously)