Hacking Is there an Error 003 fix??

Hylian17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried updating my wii to 4.3 so I can download GC games but I got this error after I updated. Are there any fixes that dont require a mod chip? any help or advice is suuuper appreciated :(

FancyNintendoGamer567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF. Error #003 is a Korean brick error when you update a homebrewed 4.1 Korean Wii to 4.2/4.3. Is your Wii Korean? And a tip is that you should've at least researched before updating or just use the IOS58 Installer.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it's possible to fix a Error 003 but you need specific games and a broken GameCube controller - plug one into port 4 and hold all four DPAD inputs when booting/SaveMii, and a PAL copy of Smash Bros Brawl - if you have a US region firmware then you have to own another legit disc that will boot to swap out.

Load into recovery mode, load any real proper region disc there and while booted, change the disc for Smash. Restart and from their load SmashStack then replace IOS80 spoofed down to IOS60 bypassing the error completely.

If you have any exploitable save games already present, this works too. Other than that, you're fucked.

Last edited by lisreal2401,
Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Load into recovery mode, load any real proper region disc there and while booted, change the disc for Smash. Restart and from their load SmashStack then replace IOS80 spoofed down to IOS60 bypassing the error completely.
This.

Going into a but more detail, grab modmii, launch its hackmii solutions guide. Follow it to launch MMM via SmashStack. From there install a different wad instead of (or in addition to, makes no difference) those listed in the guide. The wad is of course IOS60 patched to slot 80 (i.e. Reads something like IOS80(IOS60v6174-dp... ).wad) Download this from ModMii Classic's download page 1 (code should be 80, or use the shortcut for extra brick protection).

If u can get this wad installed, u should be able to boot to the system menu.

Oh, and for future referece, use modmii. If u had used ModMii to upgrade or to even hack the wii on an older firmware you would have been protected from 003 bricks

Hylian17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it's possible to fix a Error 003 but you need specific games and a broken GameCube controller - plug one into port 4 and hold all four DPAD inputs when booting/SaveMii, and a PAL copy of Smash Bros Brawl - if you have a US region firmware then you have to own another legit disc that will boot to swap out.

If you have any exploitable save games already present, this works too. Other than that, you're fucked.
does it HAVE to be a pal copy? Cause I do own a US copy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

WTF. Error #003 is a Korean brick error when you update a homebrewed 4.1 Korean Wii to 4.2/4.3. Is your Wii Korean? And a tip is that you should've at least researched before updating or just use the IOS58 Installer.
I guess so, I had no idea it was Korean because I wasn't the one who hacked it

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't load from the recovery menu - you can't use U/J Smash so it's more or less your only choice outside of buying a second Wii.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7s7pc7pikx182mw/KoreanKii+v1.1.zip
The seeprom code was written by Tuiedj, the menu code written by JoostinOnline.

Just launch it via any exploit or any other means possible.

There are a few good tricks to get to run homebrew on a 003 bricked wii. Some of them involve disc swapping, some require a drivekey or wode, and there are a few more tricks. I forget the details of all of them, but I remember enough to help get you going. Funny enough, just 2 days ago I was reading through all my old messages and I came across a bunch where giantpune and I were trying to figure out how to fix the 003 brick, and IIRC he did come up with another working solution.

Last edited by DeadlyFoez,

frds125

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Sorry for bringing this post back up, I know it's from last year already. I also have a Korean Wii updated to 4.3U. I already have a PAL Smash Legit Disc. I have a few things to ask:

1. Do I need a SaveMii chip? Or is a GameCube Controller and Smash Disc enough?
2. "if you have a US region firmware" - Is this referring to the System Menu? So, for example if mine updated to 4.3U, then I need to have an original NTSC Game right? Will any legit NTSC games work before swapping to Smash PAL?
3. To load recovery mode, do I just use the gamecube controller and a legit NTSC game? When do I put the NTSC disc, before booting or after?

Sorry for all the noob questions. Thank you so much for your time.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only need a GC controller, if it's not third party you'll have to take it apart to hold all the inputs on the DPAD

Yeah - it you need a NTSC-U game to boot, then swap and restart while it's booted

It shouldn't matter what disc is inserted when you boot - you don't need a disc inserted, just the GC pad

frds125

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You only need a GC controller, if it's not third party you'll have to take it apart to hold all the inputs on the DPAD

Yeah - it you need a NTSC-U game to boot, then swap and restart while it's booted

It shouldn't matter what disc is inserted when you boot - you don't need a disc inserted, just the GC pad

I finally got myself a PAL Original Smash Disc and an Original Gamecube controller.

I got into recovery mode, it shows 4.3U on the bottom right corner. So that's working.

After that I put in a USA region game, the disc spins, and the 4.3U disappears and only shows a black screen. Is this what you meant by booting a game?

After the black screen, I just swapped with the Pal Smash disc, I waited but still it's in a black screen. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Last edited by frds125,

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got myself a PAL Original Smash Disc and an Original Gamecube controller.

I got into recovery mode, it shows 4.3U on the bottom right corner. So that's working.

After that I put in a USA region game, the disc spins, and the 4.3U disappears and only shows a black screen. Is this what you meant by booting a game?

After the black screen, I just swapped with the Pal Smash disc, I waited but still it's in a black screen. Anything I'm doing wrong?
It can be hit or miss depending on the game, it at the very least needs to get in game for it to work

Reactions: frds125

frds125

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It can be hit or miss depending on the game, it at the very least needs to get in game for it to work

Hmmm, I tested with a few USA games that I own and they don't work - all resulted in a black screen. Any idea what games I should try and buy? Maybe Mario Kart PWNS, will that work without a Modchip if I have the original game?

If I can't find another way I guess a Modchip is fine. But I can't find any anymore, asides from Wiikey (the first Wiikey not Wiikey2 or Fusion). Not sure if this will work though.
I'll be honest the only reason I'm doing this cause it's so frustrating to not be able to fix this, buying a new Wii would be cheaper, hahaha.

Owh well, if there's no way I'll call it quits.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would go with literally any game before SSBB released - so, stuff from 2006 or 2007 is probably a safe bet

Apparently, Carnival Games is confirmed working if you want to buy a specific title. I have to mention, you want to reset from the home menu, not the physical reset.

A modchip will let you make things easier for sure, and a Wiikey will work for everything pre late 2008

Reactions: frds125

frds125

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I would go with literally any game before SSBB released - so, stuff from 2006 or 2007 is probably a safe bet

Apparently, Carnival Games is confirmed working if you want to buy a specific title. I have to mention, you want to reset from the home menu, not the physical reset.

A modchip will let you make things easier for sure, and a Wiikey will work for everything pre late 2008

Got myself an original copy of Carnival Games. Entered recovery mode, inserted the disc and it just displays a black screen. :(

Anymore games that might work?

Last edited by frds125,

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting suspicions that main IOS revisions were messed with here if multiple games are refusing to load - particularly games which are known to boot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse