Is there an Android App store that accepts Paypal ??

Discussion in 'Android' started by CannonFoddr, Jun 15, 2011.

1. CannonFoddr
    OP

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    OK - just a quick question

I've been using several free (ad-supported) Android apps & there's a couple I'd like to pay for ... (I do like to support developers you see [​IMG] )

... the problem is that Googles 'Android market' doesn't accept Paypal & you can only purchase using 'Google Checkout' (unless some1 knows any differently). The thing is I don't want to sign up to (yet another) payment account & hand out my credit card details.

So I've been looking at other sites that do Android apps & also allow Paypal

I have an account with Amazon & they do a 'Android App store' but that's only for the USA (& since I live in the UK I don't want to set up a 'fake' USA address etc)

Further Googling & I've come across 'Androidpit.com' & they do accept Paypal it seems, but never heard of them so how trustworthy are they ?? (also it seems that some of their apps are slightly out of date anyway)

Has any1 used 'Androidpit.com' &/or can anyone suggest other trusted Android App stores that accept Paypal ??

2. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    I've never heard of Android Pit before, so I'm not sure about it. If you're looking for an alternative option to avoiding ads, you could always root and install AdFree from the Market for free. But you seem to want to pay the developers...

3. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    just sign up for google checkout, i'm telling you it will be handy for much more in the future, google is becoming a consumer company, they've started with movie rentals and apps, they will only expand

4. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    I've already got a root (Excluding 'S-Off' though) using Visionary+ & installed Adfree anyway (I've also got Droidwall installed to prevent them connecting inn the first place)... but as you guessed - I DO like to support developers.

Afterall some of these developers are 'back room boys' hoping to make a little money from all their hard work

5. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    u could alternatively just email them and ask for their paypal so you could donate

6. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Google Checkout should be at least as secure as PayPal in terms of potential to get your credit card information stolen.

They had a deal with PayPal going for Android Market payments but that fell through because Google stole an employee from them.

7. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yep - I read that there was going to be a deal - but never saw an article about Google stealing an employee was the cause of it falling through...

Dam - can't they just forgive & forget ??. One small mistake & now everyone else is suffering

8. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

They had a huge trade secrets lawsuit prepared for Google's NFC payments announcement and I think filed it the same day it was announced.

There are no really "big" alternative app markets that support PayPal - I don't think Amazon does. I still update SetCPU on SlideME to support all the customers have bought from there, but I get maybe one or two purchases a week max there.