Is there a tutorial to using Vwii forwarders?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by robco7, Oct 1, 2018.

1. robco7
    OP

robco7 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    United States
    I'm sorry if I missed it, but I couldn't find anything relevant when searching through the forums. I've seen some posts containing downloads for forwarders, like for GameCube and Wii games, but they say you need some program to install the original wad file in the Vwii section, and I'm confused about the whole thing, as I've never really even gone into the Vwii dashboard.

2. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Ok there's two different things I'm not sure which you're looking for. There's Wii VC injects in which you can inject individual Wii/GC games onto your Wii U menu, and there's USB Loader GX forwarder where you can forward a shortcut to USB Loader GX to your Wii U menu. Here's both.

Wii/GC VC injects: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/
    USB Loader GX: https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-forwarder-channel-for-wii-u-menu.482595/

If you have one hard drive with plenty of extra space and plenty of time on your hands (one game takes an hour or more) I recommend the injects, or if you have a 2nd hard drive for vWii I recommend USB Loader GX forwarder.

But have you even hacked your vWii yet? If not https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

Last edited by NoSoul81, Oct 1, 2018
    robco7 likes this.
  3. robco7
    OP

robco7 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    United States
    I've used the WiiU USB Helper program to get GameCube roms, you have to search for the actual WAD files but I remember it would make a completed forwarder of the game for you. And I remember getting Nintendont, so now if I want to play something like F-Zero GX I can just open it on the Wii U dashboard. Is that considered modding the Vwii section, or is it only when you physically go to the Wii dashboard section of your Wii U to open stuff? After almost a year of having this thing, I'm still an idiot when it comes to this stuff.

4. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    If you're just wanting to inject all of your Wii/Gamecube games into Wii U (which is this link https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/) I don't think you have to mod your vWii. But modding your vWii would be for playing stuff on vWii like USB Loader GX, which is just a loader for all your Wii/Gamecube games in one place. Modding your vWii is totally seperate from modding your Wii U.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

I hacked mine and used USX Loader GX at first but then decided to inject all of my Wii/Gamecube games into the Wii U so I don't even need to access vWii anymore. But the inject process is more time consuming than just using a 2nd hard drive for your Wii/Gamecube games through vWii.

Last edited by NoSoul81, Oct 4, 2018
    robco7 likes this.
  5. oxitran

oxitran GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2012
    From my experience with the Wii U this was the hardest thing about the modding. You cannot launch a wii backup loader from the wiiu menu like you can nintendont. You can however have a wii backup loader on your vwii and link a forwarder to it on the wii u menu.
    For example:
    -Wii U -> wii backup loader Not OK!
    -Wii U -> forwarder to vwii -> wii backup loader in vwii OK!
    -Wii U -> Injected Wii/NGC game OK!

Wii U wii backup loaders dont work because launching an injected game from the wii u menu launches into a special vwii mode which has various limitations which make multi iso swapping impossible. Nintendont of injected games is like a single disc loading wrapper for the injected game, but nintendon't options files are universal.

Cyan explained it to me a while back:
    Cyan message

6. robco7
    OP

robco7 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    United States
    I'm afraid this talk is all too technical for me (and I'm studying calculus). But if I just follow TeconMoon's thread, I should be able to use forwarders people provided without risking a brick?

7. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Yes, TeconMoon's thread is just one program that can inject all Wii/Gamecube games individually. I've never heard of anyone brick using it just don't install games to NAND on WUPInstaller install them to USB and you'll be fine. I installed over 100 Wii/GC games myself.

If you need any help on how to use it I'd be happy to help.

Last edited by NoSoul81, Oct 5, 2018
    robco7 likes this.
  8. oxitran

oxitran GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2012
    The only issue with that is you can only have a hard limit of 300 wiiu menu icons. And you cant have individual nintendont settings per game.

9. robco7
    OP

robco7 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    United States
    I'm afraid I have to install games directly to the NAND, because of a problem that I was never able to get help with, since at some point I started getting some error whenever I tried to install games to the USB like I had previously been doing.

300 games/programs is the maximum amount you can have on your system? That sounds like more than enough for me, but I've gotten to the point where I can't add any more stuff without getting that message that I have to delete some, and there's no way I can picture having even 100 games on it.