Hacking Is there a test payload I can use?

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just want to test my Switch, it's supposedly an unpatched unit, but I got it used from an EB Games which refurbishes them, and I was told that sometimes they send the Switches to Nintendo to refurbish and I'm not sure whether or not Nintendo can perform iPatches after the manufacturing process. Is there a test payload I can use just to confirm my Switch is unpatched?

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The Switch Guide says use hekate, does it work with 8.1.0 and can I back out of the process by turning it off until I can get a larger microSD?
You can use hekate, you don't need any files in the sdcard if you're just gonna test it. If you see hekate boots up you can simply shut down the switch and everything's back to normal.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: PHiLiPZ

PHiLiPZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Nintendo can replace the board if you send it to them to fix a hw problem. They can’t do it remotely with sw only.

Trekker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Nintendo can replace the board if you send it to them to fix a hw problem. They can’t do it remotely with sw only.

Don't they just send a new patched switch? seems like alot of hassle to replace all boards on unpatched switches they get in.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I'll do that then, but does anyone know whether or not Hekate is fully compatible with 8.1.0 yet, it just says "all current firmwares (1.0.0 to 8.0.1)" but all current firmwares would be 1.0.0 to 8.1.0.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, I'll do that then, but does anyone know whether or not Hekate is fully compatible with 8.1.0 yet, it just says "all current firmwares (1.0.0 to 8.0.1)" but all current firmwares would be 1.0.0 to 8.1.0.
For the purposes of taking a nand backup, it's totally compatible with any firmware. You can't yet use hekate to boot atmosphere directly on 8.1.0, but that can be worked around by chainloading fusee-primary instead, and either way it doesn't affect the backup function. Totally grab hekate and take a backup asap.

Reactions: PHiLiPZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If you can find enough for it