Is There A Solution To Extract SSBB from WBFS Yet?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ActiV8, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009
  1. ActiV8
    OP

Newcomer ActiV8 Newbie

United Kingdom
    After trying (and failing - freezes) to rip SSBB DVD9 (original disc) to my wii's 250GB ext HDD using USB loader V1.1, I have managed to pull it to my 8GB SDHC card but now need to extract it back to the PC so I can transfer it to the ext WBFS HDD.

Does anyone know if there is a solution for this?

2. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    the windows tools fail?

3. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I've successfully extracted it. At first it shows as a 4.7GB ISO but then it doubles in size near the end of the extraction process.

4. ActiV8
    OP

Newcomer ActiV8 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I the noticed the initial 4.7GB then increasing as the extraction continues but as above it stops at 85%.

5. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    If all else fails, use another homebrew to dump SSBB over WiFi.

Be warned that the WBFS Windows tool will probably fail if your PC (at least the drive where the tool is located) is formatted to FAT32, however most people use NTFS by default for XP or Vista (I think vista is forced into NTFS) so it shouldn't be a problem [​IMG]

6. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Also, the extractor will often stop at some percentage but the ISO will actually be complete.

7. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    i`Ve used the usb loader to dump the pal version of the game. and then extract that iso to my comptuer. edit it and put it back to the hdd. and it still works. i`ve used all the gui`s for windows and mac. all works.

8. ActiV8
    OP

Newcomer ActiV8 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I've read this, but when I tried to send the 85% ISO back to the wii's WBFS drive it said that it was not complete (or something similar).

I'll have another go with the windows tool and see if it works this time.

9. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    This right here. It will stop "extracting" once it hits the empty space at the end of the ISO. This messed with me as well the first time it appeared. Some games all of the empty space is before the data so it'll continue to 100% but others the empty space is after or even in the middle of the game (hence jumps from 15 to 38%) or finishing before 100%.

As long as the program has stopped and returned to the prompt (if you're using the command line version, may be different for the various GUI versions out there) the ISO was completely and successfully dumped.

(edit) sorry, didn't see your new post. Then the best solution would be to dump the ISO from another way (like using FTPii) and then using that ISO.

10. ActiV8
    OP

Newcomer ActiV8 Newbie

United Kingdom