Homebrew Question Is there a ps2 emulator for switch?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Im wondering whether there is a ps2 emulator for switch because I want to player persona 3 fes on my switch.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/play-ps2-emulator-is-running-on-the-nintendo-switch.538600/

But DamonPS2 onSwitchroot Android is probably gonna be faster. I didn't try it out though, as the paid version is too expensive just to test out when it almost definitely won't run at a playable speed, and I couldn't get past the "watch an ad" thing in the demo version, not wanting to disable AdAway. I just got pissed at how loaded with ads and bullshit it is.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe one day and hopefully all emulator running on linux will be working eventually if they aren’t already on the actual switch menu. I was never sure from a post sometime ago but I think they got sega saturn working but I’m not sure if it’s on linux or the actual switch menu.

konamicode89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool, but why, mai du?

Wouldn't it be better to point him toward running P3:FES on his PC and stream it to Switch or even P3 for PSP (PPSSPP for Switch)?

Yo, @ComicMaster148
Play P3 on PPSSPP for Switch or stream from your PC to Switch--PS2 emulator is slow....unless you want to watch every frame.

Interesting! Has anyone used PC to switch streaming to play what the switch natively can't like the PS2?

Last edited by konamicode89,

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify, but are there are certain requirements for the PC for those switchroot apps to work as well?

Yes, you will need an Nvidia GPU to use those. Also the PC needs to able to handle the overhead of streaming.

An alternative could be to use the Steam streaming app.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol dont beat the guy up for asking..... I'll answer your question yes it is very possible but most dev's dont get paid for programming and then due to lack of funding comes lack of resources most projects that they do get lefts undone. That's why it's very important to support the dev's by buying the emulators because that increases the productivity. In most but not all scenes very little people donate servers costs and alot of things costs and if I was a dev working hard on a project and if I hear people complaining about my app and etc.. 9/10 I'll just abandon it since I'm not getting paid anyway.

I hope you understand its possible to do so but due to coding and resources and etc... it will not happen due to lack of funds. You are better off investing $60 and getting yourself some blank DVDs and a PS2 that can be softmodded

If you paid a team of devs 100K to get a proper PS2 emulator running I bet you that they'll do it since they would have all the resources that they need. Most of the times it's just only 1 or 2 guys working in their basement they are not dedicating all thier time to it.

Last edited by Goku1992A,
Reactions: konamicode89

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/